T
TheAdvocate
Guest
I was recently shocked to find out that the Orthodox–who are so close Catholics in their doctrine–list the Ten Commandments the same way that Protestants do.
Theirs mentions the fashioning of false idols as a distinct commandment, and unites the prohibitions against coveting property or wife.
Shocked, I say, especially given that their church is likewise ancient.
So Catholics, as far as I know, are the only ones who enumerate the Commandments in the way they do. Why does the Catholic Church stand alone on this?
Here’s a link, one of a possible many:
oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith/bible-history/the-old-testament/the-ten-commandments
Theirs mentions the fashioning of false idols as a distinct commandment, and unites the prohibitions against coveting property or wife.
Shocked, I say, especially given that their church is likewise ancient.
So Catholics, as far as I know, are the only ones who enumerate the Commandments in the way they do. Why does the Catholic Church stand alone on this?
Here’s a link, one of a possible many:
oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith/bible-history/the-old-testament/the-ten-commandments