F
flowerfleurflo
Guest
Ok, so every time I hear a defense of “Why Christianity?” it ALWAYS starts with this one point:
God must exist because it is the only way the universe could have come to be.
Unfortunately not true. I was atheist, I believed in the Big Bang Theory and I did read some pretty cool stuff about how the Big Bang theory is actually possible… And although I cannot summarize it well because this was a while ago and I never invested much in science, it did make sense. It had to do with basically how the laws of physics break down at the subatomic level, meaning that something COULD spontaneously come into existence and, by the idea of probability, if this spontaneous popping-into-existence was happening consistently, it is possible that sooner or later this particle could expand tremendously by some very delicate triggering event. It kinda goes into play with the multiverse theory stating that somewhere, every possibility that is a possibility has played itself out. As long as there is infinite time, sooner or later a universe will come to be.
Whether or not to believe a God is the first step of Christianity, and the shakiest. There is a scientific explanation (as of now). We don’t really know much about how these particles work and, yes, it could turn out to be totally false. But the idea that there is no other way that the universe could be created…well, it’s not convincing if you have really studied. How would you respond to this?
God must exist because it is the only way the universe could have come to be.
Unfortunately not true. I was atheist, I believed in the Big Bang Theory and I did read some pretty cool stuff about how the Big Bang theory is actually possible… And although I cannot summarize it well because this was a while ago and I never invested much in science, it did make sense. It had to do with basically how the laws of physics break down at the subatomic level, meaning that something COULD spontaneously come into existence and, by the idea of probability, if this spontaneous popping-into-existence was happening consistently, it is possible that sooner or later this particle could expand tremendously by some very delicate triggering event. It kinda goes into play with the multiverse theory stating that somewhere, every possibility that is a possibility has played itself out. As long as there is infinite time, sooner or later a universe will come to be.
Whether or not to believe a God is the first step of Christianity, and the shakiest. There is a scientific explanation (as of now). We don’t really know much about how these particles work and, yes, it could turn out to be totally false. But the idea that there is no other way that the universe could be created…well, it’s not convincing if you have really studied. How would you respond to this?