C
Catholig
Guest
Digger71,
A few other things that I couldn’t quite fit into my post, or didn’t see until a second ago are 1) even though the apple is only an “apple” as we know it after a certain amount of time (in which it blooms and rippens) is its DNA different than when it was a flower? I’m willing to conceed that it may be on account of pollination - I’m really not that versed in science, however it is something to consider. Or maybe the act of pollination is its definitive point of creation just like conception? In any case, whether or not I made a point, I’d like to point out that this analogy isn’t exactly fitting, because in Christian thought the soul of an apple (vegetative?) isn’t comparable with that of man - a persons soul existing after death and being created directly by god, instead of arising due to the transference of the parents soul or life force (in the case of plants) 2) god wouldn’t be commiting a murder by the creation of a soul which he knows will not remain long in the body. He doesn’t kill the body - it dies of natural causes. To argue otherwise leads into another argument that took place on this board a while ago which states that men and women shouldn’t conceive because means there’s a 50/50 chance of going to heaven or hell, where there is a 0% chance if the soul doesn’t exist. Existence is FAR better than Non-existence.
Again hope this helps,
Catholig
A few other things that I couldn’t quite fit into my post, or didn’t see until a second ago are 1) even though the apple is only an “apple” as we know it after a certain amount of time (in which it blooms and rippens) is its DNA different than when it was a flower? I’m willing to conceed that it may be on account of pollination - I’m really not that versed in science, however it is something to consider. Or maybe the act of pollination is its definitive point of creation just like conception? In any case, whether or not I made a point, I’d like to point out that this analogy isn’t exactly fitting, because in Christian thought the soul of an apple (vegetative?) isn’t comparable with that of man - a persons soul existing after death and being created directly by god, instead of arising due to the transference of the parents soul or life force (in the case of plants) 2) god wouldn’t be commiting a murder by the creation of a soul which he knows will not remain long in the body. He doesn’t kill the body - it dies of natural causes. To argue otherwise leads into another argument that took place on this board a while ago which states that men and women shouldn’t conceive because means there’s a 50/50 chance of going to heaven or hell, where there is a 0% chance if the soul doesn’t exist. Existence is FAR better than Non-existence.
Again hope this helps,
Catholig