B
BlueRain
Guest
I have a co-worker who is an atheist. We have not gotten into a fight. We kind of had a discussion and it was kind of “civil”, but I’m not sure if some comments were jabs at my religion. From talking to this person, I feel as if they will just deny anything. This person said that Jesus probably did not exist, this person knows about the Jewish historian (I can’t remember his name, Josevius? or something) that mentioned something about the “Christ followers”, but said that it’s general and not specific enough.
Anyways, I don’t really know how to deal with this person. I’m going to avoid religious topics, but I feel that when we talk this person wants proof, but any proof is just denied.
Also, I have another question. At one point in my life, many years ago, I had decided that there was no god (this only lasted a bit, like a few minutes, but it was my journey into understanding the faith and learning more about it). Anyways, at that point I would have lived as a person who did not believe in a god, but I would have respected other people’s belief.
Yet, I feel that many atheists are not like this, I feel that rather than not believing in God, they are more like anti-God and attack people who believe in God.
Do you guys think this is the majority of the cases?
Anyways, I don’t really know how to deal with this person. I’m going to avoid religious topics, but I feel that when we talk this person wants proof, but any proof is just denied.
Also, I have another question. At one point in my life, many years ago, I had decided that there was no god (this only lasted a bit, like a few minutes, but it was my journey into understanding the faith and learning more about it). Anyways, at that point I would have lived as a person who did not believe in a god, but I would have respected other people’s belief.
Yet, I feel that many atheists are not like this, I feel that rather than not believing in God, they are more like anti-God and attack people who believe in God.
Do you guys think this is the majority of the cases?