T
Trelow
Guest
Hello! I used to be quite the regular here, before things went to pot with my wife.
And now the divorce is finally coming in a few weeks. We’ve been separated for two years now, and I’ve got some questions!
How in the heck do you do it?
‘What?’ you ask?
Everything!
Going form having sexual relations with your wife almost every day for eight years, to nothing with the drop of a hat, the anguish is hardly tolerable. Not only physicaly, but mentally as well. It compounds the loneliness, and creates one giant poop ton of temptation. It doesn’t help that all of your family and friends tell you to just go out and get laid. Yea, I could do that, but I don’t want to. It’s just not the right thing to do.

And how about the loneliness! I’ll admit, I did date a gal for several months after my wife left, clutching at straws and such, and a great friendship has came out of that once we put our heads back on straight. But goodness, I’m craving having ad activity partner, someone to cuddle up with, someone to talk to. It’s disappointing to come home after a twelve hour day at work and not have anyone there. Nobody to share the day with, to fall back on for support, to even help with the household chores!
I’ve got four kids, half the time. Good ol’ county I’m in, I’m lucky to have them that often, not that she wants them any more than that anyway. It is a mean task to take care of them those days. And to take an eight, six, three, and two year old to mass? I feel insane for tiring.
I’ll be filing for an annulment, I’m sure our marriage isn’t valid, she has a long history of mental illness, alcoholism, and drug abuse; before, during, and after the ceremony. Provided it’s found invalid, what then? What woman would take on a guy with four kids already? And if not, or our marriage is found to be valid, what then? I’m only thirty, that’s a long time to remain celibate! I’m not that strong. That’s a long time alone.
What about the day-to-day now? How does one do it?
Any pointers?
How in the heck do you do it?
‘What?’ you ask?
Everything!
Going form having sexual relations with your wife almost every day for eight years, to nothing with the drop of a hat, the anguish is hardly tolerable. Not only physicaly, but mentally as well. It compounds the loneliness, and creates one giant poop ton of temptation. It doesn’t help that all of your family and friends tell you to just go out and get laid. Yea, I could do that, but I don’t want to. It’s just not the right thing to do.
And how about the loneliness! I’ll admit, I did date a gal for several months after my wife left, clutching at straws and such, and a great friendship has came out of that once we put our heads back on straight. But goodness, I’m craving having ad activity partner, someone to cuddle up with, someone to talk to. It’s disappointing to come home after a twelve hour day at work and not have anyone there. Nobody to share the day with, to fall back on for support, to even help with the household chores!
I’ve got four kids, half the time. Good ol’ county I’m in, I’m lucky to have them that often, not that she wants them any more than that anyway. It is a mean task to take care of them those days. And to take an eight, six, three, and two year old to mass? I feel insane for tiring.
I’ll be filing for an annulment, I’m sure our marriage isn’t valid, she has a long history of mental illness, alcoholism, and drug abuse; before, during, and after the ceremony. Provided it’s found invalid, what then? What woman would take on a guy with four kids already? And if not, or our marriage is found to be valid, what then? I’m only thirty, that’s a long time to remain celibate! I’m not that strong. That’s a long time alone.
What about the day-to-day now? How does one do it?
Any pointers?