How To Get To Heaven

  • Thread starter Thread starter xfrodobagginsx
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:

Right, I’m new and there’s a lot I don’t know… but I’ve never come across a thread or poll that baffled me like this one.

Would anyone mind taking a stab at telling me what on earth the OP is talking about?
Basically, it’s the Gospel as believed by fundamentalists.
 
I find it unreal that anybody believes that a prayer will save you and get you into heaven regardless of anything else. Do you really think God’s justice is that easy?
 
“Accepting”? What Bible verse says that we get to heaven by “accepting” something? I’ve looked in my concordance for “accept,” “accepted,” and “accepting” and found no verses that say to “accept Jesus as Savior” or anything conjugation of that phrase. Please refer me to the Scripture verse that says to “accept what Jesus did for us.”
Here is Strong’s definition:

The word redered receive is:
  1. lambanw lambano, lam-ban’-o
    Search for 2983 in KJV
a prolonged form of a primary verb, which is use only as an alternate in certain tenses; to take (in very many applications, literally and figuratively (properly objective or active, to get hold of; whereas 1209 is rather subjective or passive, to have offered to one; while 138 is more violent, to seize or remove)):–accept, + be amazed, assay, attain, bring, X when I call, catch, come on (X unto), + forget, have, hold, obtain, receive (X after), take (away, up).

This is a webster’s dictionary definition:

receive (vb)
1 : take in or accept
2 : greet or entertain (visitors)
3 : pick up radio waves and

**accept **(vb)
1 : receive willingly
2 : agree to

Joh 1:12 (KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

How many of the ones who receive Him does He give this power to? As many as…that means ALL of them. Even them that believe on His name. That’s not the same as believing that He exists, that means place your faith in HIM.

BTW baptism is not even meantioned here again because baptism comes AFTER salvation.
 
Yes it is and it’s a corrupt one.
I am new here but I also find it unreal that people come to a Catholic forum and call the Church corrupt???

I would never go onto another religions forum and put down somebody’s religion. That in itself is corrupt.
 
He defends a church, but he doesn’t defend the faith as defined by the bible. Christ and the apostles taught what is in the bible, so…🤷 That’s what I am teaching.
Once again, your ignorance of the Christian Church reveals you. Where did the Bible come from? Who put it all together? How did they know what the faith is that Christ taught us? What are the Traditions that the Christian Church taught? Is it in the Bible, too? How do you know?

The “tradition” that you posted as a poll on this thread is not the whole Tradition that the Christian Church teaches. It’s the START of having a faith in Christ, but it’s not the be-all and end-all of our admission into Heaven.
 
Yes it is and it’s a corrupt one.
Oh look! Another “bravely” alleged indictment of the Catholic Church without the least substantiating proof!

I bet he’ll offer almost as much substance for this one as he did for the last one that he has yet to even act like he can support with facts. SPLIT: The Catholic Church thinks they are the true church, yet teaches so many heresies.

The only thing that looks “corrupt” to me is the baseless and unfounded allegations of xFBx. 🤷
 
They will ban you for evangelizing on this sight. The only people who are allowed to evangelize are catholics.
Also be careful when they prod you.
You will get banned if you bite back.
We have very concise Forum Rules and Banned Topics that all members agree to abide by when they join CAF.

Being a Catholic forum committed to the strengthening of Catholics in their faith, Karl Keating and our Admins felt that allowing others to attempt to proselytize those same Catholics would be sort of logically counter to that process.

If someone proves to have no other purpose than to proselytize Catholics out of our faith and refuses to cease when cited for it by myself or any of the Mods here, the only logical next step is to stop them from posting here.

As for the idea that we might ban someone for an uncharitable exchange, that would depend on many factors. If someone posts something that displays contempt for the Catholic faith and one of our Catholic members goes off on them for it, both parties will indeed be hearing from me. We have a neat little button http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/buttons_cab/report.gif here that allows one to alert us Mods to a post that is out of line and then we can deal with it and it works regardless of the religious affiliation of the user. There are no brownie points for the person “going off”.

One of the things that many Catholics have told us is that they deeply appreciate a place on the net where they can come in and discuss their faith and get accurate information without being subjected to aggressive and often offensive “witnessing” from non-Catholics. We understand that and the Mods here do our best to keep things as balanced as possible, which is not always easy. If someone is really interested in evangelizing and proselytizing Catholics away from the faith, then perhaps CAF is not for them.

That said, we do have some very fine non-Catholic members who although they do not agree with all things Catholic, have been with us for a good while and have greatly contributed to the discussions/debates and I believe that all those involved in those threads have been enriched in their understanding of the other side of the issues, which is precisely one of the goals of CAF and Catholic Answers.

As always, if anyone has any questions about any of this, they are encouraged to PM me or the Mod of whatever forum they are posting in and we’re always glad to do our best to help out.
Your servant in Christ,
Michael Francis
Apologetics Moderator (and generally a pretty nice guy.)
 
If you are willing to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior please pray this right now, from your heart to God,
“Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen.”
If you prayed that prayer from your heart to God, and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven when you die.
Riiiiiht, so when I sincerely pray this I will be saved and go to Heaven?

You know what’s funny. There are many people who prayed this prayer and lost their faith later on. You will say that they weren’t sincere but they say that they truly were sincere and meant it. I’m not sure who to trust. Them telling us how they felt or you telling us how they felt? 🤷
Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
What’s the point? I’m already going to heave, am I not? :confused:
DID YOU PRAY THAT PRAYER AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST TO GOD?
No. I don’t like your prayer and I don’t believe in its saving power. This prayer will do us no good in relation to where we go after we die. Conversion comes from within our hearts and must therefore be present before any prayer can be said and meant. God is omnipotent and we don’t need to prove our Faith to God through these words.

Perhaps your pastor requires it, but he is not God.
 
Hey Frodo, one more question:

But let me ask you a question. Prayer this prayer is works. If you must pray this prayer than how can you claim that we are Saved by Faith Alone? Either it’s Sola Fide and I don’t need to pray that prayer to be saved it’s Faith **and **Works!
 
He defends a church, but he doesn’t defend the faith as defined by the bible. Christ and the apostles taught what is in the bible, so…🤷 That’s what I am teaching.
I can’t tell from our exchanges so far xFBx. So far every time I’ve responded to you I’ve first offered scripture that shows that what you say is in fact, not precisely what the Word of God teaches and you have yet to come back with anything more substantive than remarks like this.

I have at least two different posts (and one of them a thread devoted to a post of yours that you have yet to post on!) where you make statements that deride the Catholic faith. One alleging many heresies, and the other here on this thread, alleging corruption. In neither case have you even bothered to do more than offer rhetorical anti-Catholic propaganda as if we are supposed to accept it as if it is the Word of God, just because you say so, yet only some kind of numbskull would do that. Especially where one’s soul is concerned!

A simple Google search of your name
shows that you are essentially spamming boards all over the internet with identical cut and paste posts with varying results. This is apparently your idea of evangelism, which is fine so far as it goes, but you are going to either step up or sit down here at CAF because of these two offensive unsupported allegations that you have made.

Either post on the other thread and prove to us all that we are heretics or admit that you really have no clue what you are talking about and retract the statements publicly.

The two allegations are:
  1. The Catholic Church thinks they are the true church, yet teaches so many heresies. and now
  2. The Catholic Church is a corrupt denomination.
My opinion is that you cannot support either allegation with facts that my Catholic brothers and sisters and I cannot totally refute, mainly because they are both completely false.

I defy you to make your case, and I will not let up on you until you either do so, or you apologize to us and retract. Both of those allegations should be easy to prove if there is any real substantive evidence for them.

So? It’s all on you xFBx. My reversion to the Catholic faith was born in the heat of anti-Catholic rhetoric and propaganda, and so I have heard it all before and refuted it all. I’m no professional, I do this just because I am grateful to God for the saving faith His Holy Spirit that led me home to His Church.

My life in Christ has never been better since then.

[SIGN1]Bring it on![/SIGN1]
 
Hey Frodo, one more question:

But let me ask you a question. Prayer this prayer is works. If you must pray this prayer than how can you claim that we are Saved by Faith Alone? Either it’s Sola Fide and I don’t need to pray that prayer to be saved it’s Faith **and **Works!
:doh2: :ouch:
 
Frodo, you have been asked several times by several people to explain how the words of Jesus Himself in Mt. 25: 31-46 fit into your explanation of salvation, and you have yet to reply. Will you, please? Can you?

Likewise, you have been asked to clarify your statements about the Catholic Church teaching heresy and being corrupt. The moderator started a thread for this purpose and you refuse to post there. Want to tell us why?

When picking a fictional character for a user name, perhaps Dickens’ artfuldodger may have been more appropriate than frodobaggins, based on your amazing ability to sidestep these two issues.
 
OH NO!! :eek: So if I don’t say that prayer, I’m going to hell? :crying: :crying:
 
Here is Strong’s definition:

The word redered receive is: …
Who cares what Strong says? We trust the Bible, not Strong, correct?

“Accepting Jesus as Savior” is a tradition of men. Show us a Bible verse that says a person must “accept Jesus as Savior,” or quit telling people that that’s what the Bible says. God doesn’t like it when people put words in His mouth.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top