So you can say as many beads as you want, as long as you do at least one mystery? How do you hold the rosary? Do you wear it like a necklace? Or do you wrap it around your hand? Or does it not really matter how you hold it?
I am right-handed, so what I do is hold it in my left hand when I pray with it, while I finger the beads with my right fingers.
In the picture that is at the bottom of the website that I showed you, you will see that you pray with the Rosary going from your/our right, going counter-clock wise.
You start with prayers on the Crucifix, and you work your way up towards the Hail Mary beads, which are the “decade” beads, working your way around the Rosary. It shows this in the picture.
You can also hold it however it is comfortable for you, too. I usually end up using it in a way that is comfortable for me, as long as I don’t lose count of where I am at in the mysteries.
You of course, can stop at any time.
As others have said, it might be easier for you as you are just starting out, to find an audio program, or even a YouTube video to follow along with right now as you are learning, or even a Rosary group at your church, where you can just pray along with your church group out loud, to see what it is like.
Sometimes when I am praying with a group and I am not feeling well, I will just focus on the prayers and not even worry about focusing on my Rosary. I have just simply held on to it and just prayed. I didn’t even worry about where I was “at” regarding the beads. I just focused on the prayers, and on being with the others in prayer.
So like the others have said, try not to worry about it, at the same time. Just take your time, and know that Our Lord and His beautiful Mother, Our Lady, appreciate your effort. God bless you!
