G
Ginger2
Guest
I found info on the Wenzel Bible. It was a Translation of the Old Testament - only.
Also, as I was looking into this translation I read the emperor who ordered the translation was big into astrology and pictures of “bathing girls characterize Wenzel’s Bible”
If this is true it would explain why the RC didn’t point out this translation as a counter to the need for Luther to translate the Scriptures.
Was this a corrupt Bible?
Ginger
- Thus no complete German translation available in Luther’s day.
Also, as I was looking into this translation I read the emperor who ordered the translation was big into astrology and pictures of “bathing girls characterize Wenzel’s Bible”
If this is true it would explain why the RC didn’t point out this translation as a counter to the need for Luther to translate the Scriptures.
Was this a corrupt Bible?
Ginger