How to respond to pro choicers

  • Thread starter Thread starter halogirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

halogirl

Guest
So I am a bit late to the party ( was pro choice till I converted and thought about it properly) but what should I do if people post pro choice stuff? Outside of my workplace, parish and this place I am the only pro life person. So literally aaaaallll my other friends are to some degree pro choice. How do I respond to their concerns about the new laws in America ?
 
I do not respond to political posts at all. If they are offensive, I hide them from my timeline.

I talk to people one on one. They know my beliefs, I do not paint in broad strokes and try to come to a place of respect with others.

Remember, online and in real life, often the most vocal abortion supporters have been hurt by abortion and are speaking from their own pain. The last thing you want to do is to further that wound. Be the place of love and mercy. Do not us inflammatory language, don’t call people “murderers”.

Listen to a lot of Trent Horn’s on line call in programs and debates. Learn from him.
 
How to respond depending on the argument they are proposing, your relationship to them, and the medium in which you are communicating.

Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, etc., are not good mediums for meaningful conversation and thoughtful discussion.

I highly recommend you read Randy Alcorn’s Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments, revised edition.
 
Last edited:
“I believe in doing everything possible to help prevent the reasons people need abortions.”
 
Thank you both. I almost certainly wouldn’t have these conversations irl it wouldn’t be something that was brought up. It’s all online and people I really care about saying basically saying ‘if you agree with this at all delete yourself from my friends list’ and I’m like - ‘I didn’t realise my beliefs made me unacceptable to you’
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top