How would St. Francis of Assisi view the killing of spiders?

• Thread starter Thread starter WannabeSaint
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s where the “whenever possible” comes in. It’s not always possible to be nice to animals, when when it is, I try to be kind.

What would be his view on killing spiders and other pests in one’s home.?
I predict discussions over this question will lead to a reform movement and the establishment of at least 3 new Orders in the Franciscan family 😉😉

There’s no safe way that I know of to take a wasp or hornet outside to release it.
You wait until it’s buzzing on your window, then trap it in a glass, then slide a piece of paper or cardboard underneath. Then you can take it outside and watch it fly away.
Easier than trying to swat and making it mad.

I find it very difficult to be nice to vicious, ferocious killer dogs with sharp teeth ready to pounce and bite you.
Dogs are pretty much just a matter of how they’re trained. If a dog is ferocious it’s probably either trained to be that way or it was abused or it is starving. In either case it’s still easy to be nice imo.

For something like bedbugs or Asian lady beetles, they get exterminated.

Spiders and bees and wasps I prefer to release. Or, in my case, the occasional bat. 😛 They’re too cute.

Last edited:
We’ve had bats enter our bedroom. Hubby finally discovered the little hole they were coming in through, and sealed it up. Bats can carry rabies. So can dogs, if they aren’t vaccinated. And no, none of our bats turned into Dracula, though that would have been something to see.

It wasn’t Halloween, either.

Last edited:
You can both respect and be gentle with an animal AND keep yourself safe by maintaining good boundaries. Gentle and Respectful, yet Firm in Boundaries
I like to get a good firm hold on my trusty fly swatter in particular. I then engage in gentle and respectful game of “sqaush”. 😛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back