How would You Refute this Remark

  • Thread starter Thread starter adawgj
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adawgj

Guest
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
 
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
Personally, if someone hates Catholics as much as this person does then there probably isn’t much you could say that would change his mind. Even if you were evangelizing all the time, lived an exemplary life, helped the poor, can’t forget that one:thumbsup:, and did everything right, he would still probably find fault. Too much anti Catholic bigotry still around.

My advice, don’t pay atention and pray for him.
 
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
I would say to them, “Are you talking about me?” “You don’t know me”. Or else I would just totally ignore them because people like this believe what they want to believe. And like Pope Francis said, You can’t dialogue with evil. And anyone who believes such nonsense is certainly not interested in truth. All you can do if pray for their conversion.
 
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
I would probably looked pretty shocked before I even said anything. If it were me, I would say, “And how do you know what every single Catholic does? How do you know they all cuss, and sleep around? Have you gone to every Catholic Church in the world, or met every single Catholic person, specifically to ask these questions and make observations? If there was “no relationship,” then wouldn’t you think they would stop going to Church/Mass? Wouldn’t you think they would see Confession as pointless? Maybe if you would open your small brained mind up to Catholicism, the Catholics you know would be more open to sharing the Catholic faith with you. Until then, I don’t blame them, because you are so set in your ways, there would be no point in even trying to explain the definition of the word Catholicism to you. This isn’t to say I wouldn’t explain it to you, so long as you were willing to listen, but from what you have said, I believe you’d do everything but listen to what I have to say.”

This may sound a bit harsh, but I have been in similar situations as this one before, with friends and relatives bashing the Catholic faith. I wouldn’t have it, nor would I allow them to show or say any hate towards such a beautiful faith.
 
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
Tell them you won’t put up with their prejudice. Ask whether they think you’re just like all those other Catholics supposedly are, then whether they don’t think there are any Protestants equally as hypocritical. Finally, inform them their denomination is three to four centuries old max, and ask them how everyone that lived and died before 1500 AD, from Spain in the west to India in the east, somehow managed to be wrong on just about every issue.
 
why refute it-- it was true in my catholic high school–

and mansenior Bass in michigan – made his career – counsaling - abused children-

so this is not a unusual situation-- many of the catholic ppriests said that most catholic have an understanding - of their religion as a 3rd grader…
 
How would you refute this remark.

They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world".
i have some Catholics i would like them to meet because they obviously have been hanging out with the wrong Catholics.
You know, every basket has some bad apples…yea…sinners in need of mercy. And as i tell my anti-catholic mother…every denomination has those in need of mercy but you only hear the religion broadcasted on Catholics gone bad. Satan is still trying to conquer the One that most threatens him…
 
How would you refute this remark.
"Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.)
How many Catholics do you know, personally, and very well? 50? 100? 200?

How many Catholics are in the world?

Over a billion!
They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world".
Some do.

Not all.

Bring Catholic is a faith position, not a forcefield against evil.

All are human, all are tempted, all sin, so some degree or other.

That is why we have the sacrament of penance and reconciliation.
There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem.
Only God could know this.

Are you God?
I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me.
Well, today’s your lucky day 😃
There is no debate here.
There is, unless you’ve made your mind up already and are not open to discussion.
Catholics are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
There’s no denying your misunderstanding of the Catholic Faith.

As someone once said, not one person hates the Catholic Faith, but there are tons who hate what they think is the Catholic Faith.

Now, let me put you straight on a few things.

Sitting comfortably?

Good, we’ll begin.

:D:D:D

Or something like that 😃

Sarah x 🙂
 
If I make a lifestyle of ignoring or disobeying my professed religion, it just proves that I’m a hypocrite, not that the religion is false.
 
Not one Catholic, huh? Well, I do not party, cuss, fornicate, or fight, so that makes 1. There are plenty of Catholics who actually follow Church teachings.

Pray for the person who made that anti-Catholic remark.
 
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
Simply point out that they cannot have known many practicing Catholics if that is their impression of them. Describe what your faith actually is and the good Catholic you yourself have known.

Also, if you would like to be an example yourself, remove your signature picture and reconsider the spirit in which you may have put it up. I know it’s just a penitential procession not the least bit connected to racism, but that is not how most Americans will interpret the image. If we are engaging in apologetics we need to have the charity, humility, and patience to understand where others are coming from and how they will actually respond to our efforts.
 
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
I would share your faith with this person. Then, he can no longer say this with any honesty.
 
I’d say that I’d love to have your social skills if you know every catholic in the world own personal life. Pretty impressive.
It’s sad that people make comments like that. They just don’t know, pray for them.
 
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
Every single Catholic. Guess they didn’t know Mother Teresa.

But seriously, invite your friend to stop by this forum…we’ll be happy to change his mind.
 
=adawgj;11343023]How would you refute this remark.
“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
With ONE BILLION+ catholics in the world; no doubt some are greater sinners than are others. BUT to say “ALL” seems to indicate the extremes of logic and truth.

I’m a life long Catholic and don’t fit your discription; and I KNOW personally a GREAT many fellow catholics who don’t fit your discription:) So your exagerations are noted.

I know MANY Saintly Catholics alive and at work for Christ today. What EWTN"S daily Mass for example and then stick around and watch some of their programing. This site has MANY true examples of Christ Loving and serving Catholics as well.

Reread mt. 16: 18-19 “THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL!” God can’t lie friend. Are you sure YOUR a catholic:rolleyes:

God Bless you,
Patrick
 
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
What a Joke? Apart from the fact that this is a gross generalisation, this is usually the “Holyier Than Thou” comment one gets when debating with one fringe protestant sect or another and they are losing the argument.
 
How many Catholics do you know, personally, and very well? 50? 100? 200?

How many Catholics are in the world?

Over a billion!

Some do.

Not all.

Bring Catholic is a faith position, not a forcefield against evil.

All are human, all are tempted, all sin, so some degree or other.

That is why we have the sacrament of penance and reconciliation.

Only God could know this.

Are you God?

Well, today’s your lucky day 😃

There is, unless you’ve made your mind up already and are not open to discussion.

There’s no denying your misunderstanding of the Catholic Faith.

As someone once said, not one person hates the Catholic Faith, but there are tons who hate what they think is the Catholic Faith.

Now, let me put you straight on a few things.

Sitting comfortably?

Good, we’ll begin.

:D:D:D

Or something like that 😃

Sarah x 🙂
one of the better answers:)
 
How would you refute this remark.

“Every single Catholic every one of them, and( I’ve been around a long time.) They party, they cuss they sleep around, they fight they are everything Jesus told us to be separated from " the world”. There’s no real inward change in them, no real relationship it would seem. I have never had 1 Catholic share their faith with me. There is no debate here. Cathlocs are pagen. Its all over the churches and doctrines. Pretty touph to honestly deny."
The fact that this person has never found a Catholic willing to share their faith doesn’t change truth. It is sad that most Catholics are like this, but what he/she is missing is the fact that the Church has Saints, and sinners.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top