Human Monkey Chimeras

  • Thread starter Thread starter catholicray
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary. I heart of it from Eduard von Habsburg Lothringen on Twitter and people there were also mostly shocked. I’m sure the Church is against it.
 
What’s happening in the bump in the night thread ? I’ve missed it !
 
How do doctors plan on keeping the human and animal’s genetic material from mixing? Will the Human Accelerated Regions on non-coding DNA result in greater brain size in the offspring of the animal chimeras? Could non-coding DNA cause the human brain to decrease in size during embryogenesis of the human organ recipient’s offspring? Why wouldn’t such scenarios happen, given the influence of non-coding DNA on developmental genes?

I think scientists might be putting the cart before the proverbial horse. We need a better understanding of human RNA and non-coding DNA before we create human-animal chimeras.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top