Dear Friends,i Sorry That I Haven’t Been Able To Post That Much Due To The Fact That My Husband Has Parkinson’s Disease. I Am Asking For Prayers For Him So That He Will Use The Right Judgement
When He Tries To Get Up And So Forth. I Can Not Tell You How Many Times He Has Fallen Down The Steps And Outside. Yesterday My Son Was Here And He Told Him To Stay Put That He Will Be Back. On His Return He Found Him In A Pool Of Blood.thank God It Wasn’t More Serious.
I Am Also Asking For Prayers For Myself That God Will Give Me The Strength And Courage To Handle All Of This.
Thank You And God Bless Everyone
Grandma Glor
Grandma Glor:
There’s nothing to be sorry about - What you’re going through isn’t easy, and I wouldn’t expect anyone in your situation to create dozens of witty, insightful posts. I’m just happy that you’ve decided to try to share your burden with us - Hopefully, sharing this burden will help both of us.
I’ve gone through this with 2 people that I knew, One was my former Bishop, the other my neighbor. It was sad, and frustrating, to watch two war heroes (One American and one Israeli) have their physical abilities ravaged by this disease.
Bishop James Stewart of the Diocese of the West in the ACA-TAC had to step down in Oct., 2006 because of his advancing aggressive Parkinson’s. I drove him to his hotel after one of his last “Episcopal” visits. He was so unsteady during the service I had one of the acolytes position himself near him for the entire service.
One of my neighbors recently died after a prolonged battle with Parkinson’s. I think He had most of the “cutting edge” treatments as they became available. After one (Adult Stem Cell Implants) he rallied so much he actually was walking faster with his walker than I was with my walking sticks (I now use a walker). That lasted for about 1-1/2 years.
I can only imagine how it must feel for you to watch this happen to your husband and I can only imagine how it must feel for your husband to experience this process.
You do have my prayers and my empathy. As close as I can know, I do think I know what you’re going through, and it’s not easy. May God hold you, and your husband in the Palm of His Hand, and please realize that not even this can separate you from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus.
I hope this helps.
Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael