I asked for guidance

  • Thread starter Thread starter petra22
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petra22

Guest
At today’s Mass they were passing out the Chaplet of Mercy Booklets and since I already have several I didn’t take one. As the evening progressed a thought crossed my mind about Easter time being the right time for the Chaplet of Mercy. Isn’t the Sunday after Easter dedicated to Mercy Sunday and hasn’t the Holy Father, Pope Francis, asked us to pray for Mercy, making this a Year of Mercy? I realized that this is the best time for me to say my Chaplet of Mercy… So, I said a little prayer and asked the Holy Spirit to tell me who I should offer it for–my friends and family, my country, my enemies… going to the Bible, I opened it to The Book Of Habakkuk. As I read the lines the happenings of the world these days jumped out at me! I was so surprised. I ask you all to read it and see what you think. It sounds prophetic for 2015! (It is only three short chapters… ) Any thoughts?

I’m offering my Chaplet of Mercy each day from NOW until Mercy Sunday for the whole world… Won’t you join me?
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†
 
At today’s Mass they were passing out the Chaplet of Mercy Booklets and since I already have several I didn’t take one. As the evening progressed a thought crossed my mind about Easter time being the right time for the Chaplet of Mercy. Isn’t the Sunday after Easter dedicated to Mercy Sunday and hasn’t the Holy Father, Pope Francis, asked us to pray for Mercy, making this a Year of Mercy? I realized that this is the best time for me to say my Chaplet of Mercy… So, I said a little prayer and asked the Holy Spirit to tell me who I should offer it for–my friends and family, my country, my enemies… going to the Bible, I opened it to The Book Of Habakkuk. As I read the lines the happenings of the world these days jumped out at me! I was so surprised. I ask you all to read it and see what you think. It sounds prophetic for 2015! (It is only three short chapters… ) Any thoughts?

I’m offering my Chaplet of Mercy each day from NOW until Mercy Sunday for the whole world… Won’t you join me?
My lenten project was studying St. Sr. Faustina and the Chaplet of Mercy. I have most of it memorized. As Jesus said; " I burn inside w all this mercy which i wish to pour out on my children." But you know the angel of punishment that was going to send lightening bolts on Poland for Abortions ( I can’t fathom that ) but I want him over in Syria and Iraq punishing ISIS. I really do. God forgive me. The crucified, the buried alive children, the decapitated Catholic Christians. I do not see Jesus in them and i want God’s vengence on them. As He said,“Vengence is mine, saith the Lord.” But everyone else w repentence and sorrow in their hearts for the genocide on the Christians can have baths in God’s mercy. Forgive me if I am a sinner here. Can I sign this: in Christs’ love, tweedlealice :confused:
 
I asked our Deacon about praying for our enemies (terrorists). We are commanded to love our brothers. They are also God’s children. He loves them the same as he loves us. I need to remind myself of that very very often. We can pray for a softening of their hearts.

God Bless You.

P.S. Loved the Diary of St. Faustina 👍
 
I asked our Deacon about praying for our enemies (terrorists). We are commanded to love our brothers. They are also God’s children. He loves them the same as he loves us. I need to remind myself of that very very often. We can pray for a softening of their hearts.

God Bless You.

P.S. Loved the Diary of St. Faustina 👍
This is very true. I think that all too often we forget - or neglect - to pray for our enemies and yet it is only through them and their conversion that we can obtain peace and resolution.

Let’s also remember that this is equally true in small matters…as an example, my nephew is in a struggle with his ex-wife. We readily pray for him and his children…but do we think to pray for HER…that her heart be softened? Who needs that prayers more?

Just some thoughts.

Peace
James
 
WE, the obedient ones who DO GOD’S WILL,
must pray and suffer WITH Christ for the sins
of those who are disobedient and follow the
Prince of the power of the air(Eph. 2:2)
The advance of God’s kingdom is needed by
praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
Might I suggest a Novena of the Divine Mercy
for the defeat of the Enemy and the salvation
of souls, starting this Good Friday and ending
on Divine Mercy Sunday(April 12th)?
see this link for more info:
praymorenovenas.com/divine-mercy-novena/
 
WE, the obedient ones who DO GOD’S WILL,
must pray and suffer WITH Christ for the sins
of those who are disobedient and follow the
Prince of the power of the air(Eph. 2:2)
The advance of God’s kingdom is needed by
praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
Might I suggest a Novena of the Divine Mercy
for the defeat of the Enemy and the salvation
of souls, starting this Good Friday and ending
on Divine Mercy Sunday(April 12th)?
see this link for more info:
praymorenovenas.com/divine-mercy-novena/
I am signed up to pray with this novena, so I will keep the words of Habakkuk in mind as I do so while praying for Isis members.
 
Here is a sample of Habbakuk… Very telling, IMO.

1 The oracle that Habakkuk the prophet received.
Habakkuk’s Complaint
2 How long, O LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, “Violence!” but you do not save?
3 Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds.
4 Therefore the law is paralyzed, and justice never prevails. The wicked hem in the righteous, so that justice is perverted.
The LORD’s Answer
5 "Look at the nations and watch-- and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.

The rest of the book is very short!

—I wait for the Lord, for he doesn’t forget his children—
 
My lenten project was studying St. Sr. Faustina and the Chaplet of Mercy. I have most of it memorized. As Jesus said; " I burn inside w all this mercy which i wish to pour out on my children." But you know the angel of punishment that was going to send lightening bolts on Poland for Abortions ( I can’t fathom that ) but I want him over in Syria and Iraq punishing ISIS. I really do. God forgive me. The crucified, the buried alive children, the decapitated Catholic Christians. I do not see Jesus in them and i want God’s vengence on them. As He said,“Vengence is mine, saith the Lord.” But everyone else w repentence and sorrow in their hearts for the genocide on the Christians can have baths in God’s mercy. Forgive me if I am a sinner here. Can I sign this: in Christs’ love, tweedlealice :confused:
I know where you are coming from. I think it was the same place-exactly-that Habbakuk was… and I marveled at what God told him…

– A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet. On “shigionoth”.
2 LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.
3 God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran. “Selah” His glory covered the heavens and his praise filled the earth.
4 His splendor was like the sunrise; rays flashed from his hand, where his power was hidden.
5 Plague went before him; pestilence followed his steps.
6 He stood, and shook the earth; he looked, and made the nations tremble. –

🙂 wait for the Lord…
 
Habbakuk–

6 I am raising up the Babylonians, that ruthless and impetuous people, who sweep across the whole earth to seize dwelling places not their own.
7 They are a feared and dreaded people; they are a law to themselves and promote their own honor.
8 Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk. Their cavalry gallops headlong; their horsemen come from afar. They fly like a vulture swooping to devour;
9 they all come bent on violence. Their hordes advance like a desert wind and gather prisoners like sand.
10 They deride kings and scoff at rulers. They laugh at all fortified cities; they build earthen ramps and capture them.
11 Then they sweep past like the wind and go on-- guilty men, whose own strength is their god."

**The Babylonians were real people. Wasn’t Babylon in Iran or Iraq???
 
i wish we have some sort of an infographic that we can freely share/post on facebook or such sites so we can tell our friends about it.
 
I looked it up (on bing) and Babylon was 59 miles south of Baghdad.
 
I know where you are coming from. I think it was the same place-exactly-that Habbakuk was… and I marveled at what God told him…

– A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet. On “shigionoth”.
2 LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy.
3 God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran. “Selah” His glory covered the heavens and his praise filled the earth.
4 His splendor was like the sunrise; rays flashed from his hand, where his power was hidden.
5 Plague went before him; pestilence followed his steps.
6 He stood, and shook the earth; he looked, and made the nations tremble. –

🙂 wait for the Lord…
I ask myself on the horror that is occurring over ther," where is Jesus.’" Where are the avenging angels.'I recall the first church was built on the blood of the martyrs. All I can think of now is what glorious revival and evangelism will occur in the mid-east when the blood stops flowing. The soil will be fertilized for a multitude of soul’s salvation. Halleuljah. But if that angel of punishment w his lightening bolts knocks out a LOT of ISIS and AlQueda and Hezebellah and Hamass and The Muslim Brotherhood, I would not shed a tear. By the way, I did pray for the change of heart of the terrorists and their salvation. I live 5 miles from FT Bragg. I am surrounded by Yemenese. I feel we will be a soft target. But I bought 2 books of the SON OF HAMASS (he became a Christian) for the guys. I bought one book I WAS DIVORCED AT 10YO. They probably hit the trash cans but maybe someone got to read them.
In Christs most precious love,
tweedlealice
 
Hang on, tweedlealice,
Good will win. Jesus promises… Keep praying and fighting for good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top