C
carmella57
Guest
I need advice. I went through the RCIA process at my parish and was received into the church at the Easter vigil.
However, I came from a drug addiction past with two failed marriages. I have been clean and sober for almost 5 years and went back to school to become a substance abuse counselor. I will be done with that in June.
I remarried two and a half years ago.
I didn’t tell RCIA about my two failed marriages because I am not that person anymore. I thought that I could sweep them under the rug, so to speak.
And then I started feeling very guilty at my deception.
So I made an appointment with a priest in another dioces and he told me to fill out “lack of form” papers and come back with my baptism certificate, etc.
How can this be “lack of form???” I wasn’t a Catholic when I married my first two husbands.
I know that I sound like the woman at the well (from scripture). I kind of feel like her, too.
Help.
However, I came from a drug addiction past with two failed marriages. I have been clean and sober for almost 5 years and went back to school to become a substance abuse counselor. I will be done with that in June.
I remarried two and a half years ago.
I didn’t tell RCIA about my two failed marriages because I am not that person anymore. I thought that I could sweep them under the rug, so to speak.
And then I started feeling very guilty at my deception.
So I made an appointment with a priest in another dioces and he told me to fill out “lack of form” papers and come back with my baptism certificate, etc.
How can this be “lack of form???” I wasn’t a Catholic when I married my first two husbands.
I know that I sound like the woman at the well (from scripture). I kind of feel like her, too.
Help.