I cannot wrap my brain around this mystery

  • Thread starter Thread starter RGCheek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RGCheek

Guest
As a parent I know that I would die to save my kids and wife. There isn’t even a moment of hesitation or doubt.

But the Father loves us enough to send His own Son to die for us? That is harder than to die yourself and I cannot grasp how God loves us this much. I would never send one of my children or my wife to certain death to save a even a million people. No way.

God is just amazing and every time I think on Who He is and the kind of Person He is and I am humbled and realize how unworthy I am of His love.

I think of what He has done for me and I realize that I am a disgrace, whether He still loves me or not, He is far better than I can comprehend and I am a moral worm.

How dare I question what He tells me? What nerve does it take to second guess His commands?

That is even more puzzling when the person is an educated person, fully knowledgeable of the situation and their own hidden sin.

I can neither understand this depth of human depravity nor the holiness of God to let His Son die to remove our guilt.
 
As a parent I know that I would die to save my kids and wife. There isn’t even a moment of hesitation or doubt.

But the Father loves us enough to send His own Son to die for us? That is harder than to die yourself and I cannot grasp how God loves us this much. I would never send one of my children or my wife to certain death to save a even a million people. No way.
:mad:

The numbers don’t matter to God, for every human person is loved. A couple of the saints have claimed that Christ would have still been willing to undergo the pains he felt at the crucifixion even if it was only for a single soul.

If Christ is willing to undergo such pains for a single person, then it should be emotionally easier for him to undergo the pains for billions of persons.
 
I can neither understand this depth of human depravity nor the holiness of God to let His Son die to remove our guilt.
Maybe pain is nothing when you are enthralled in love. That is my only guess.
 
As a parent I know that I would die to save my kids and wife. There isn’t even a moment of hesitation or doubt.

But the Father loves us enough to send His own Son to die for us? That is harder than to die yourself and I cannot grasp how God loves us this much. I would never send one of my children or my wife to certain death to save a even a million people. No way.

God is just amazing and every time I think on Who He is and the kind of Person He is and I am humbled and realize how unworthy I am of His love.

I think of what He has done for me and I realize that I am a disgrace, whether He still loves me or not, He is far better than I can comprehend and I am a moral worm.

How dare I question what He tells me? What nerve does it take to second guess His commands?

That is even more puzzling when the person is an educated person, fully knowledgeable of the situation and their own hidden sin.

I can neither understand this depth of human depravity nor the holiness of God to let His Son die to remove our guilt.
Remember, the Father is not letting His Son die for mankind…The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are One. God died for man’s salvation!
 
RG Cheeks, this might help

As I watched the favorite Lent movie directed by Mel Gibson, I thought the same thing…
Every time I see that movie, I thought “why?”

God has a plan, and we are mere mortals, like children, not able to understand His plan. But the Holy Spirit is willing to help us, if we ask for help in understanding…

So, in your prayers today, ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with understanding. I finally understood, while waiting to say the daily Rosary with sister Angelica which is broadcasted on our cable. Etwork that’s provides EWTN. A priest, fr Robert Baron was speaking in a series called understanding Catholicism. The very topic I needed to understand was your very question… He answered kindly like this… In order for us to understand how much God loves us (Jesus is also God ) he allowed the crucifiers to do every despicable, cruel, brutal action against him, throw every terrible action and the worst things they could do… So that he could prove to all of us and them that He loves us still enough to come back from the dead and give us life after death. He even forgave them while hanging from the cross, and asking His father to do the same.

Do you have a child that you would die for? He didn’t die because God the Father made Him die, it was the plan for proving to us how much Jesus loved us.

Check out father Robert Baron’s CD’ and DVD’s. It opened my eyes, but the Holy Spirit helped.

Also, as Catholics and children of God, we are to just trust instead of question. Be a child, and just feel the love…
 
As a parent I know that I would die to save my kids and wife. There isn’t even a moment of hesitation or doubt.

But the Father loves us enough to send His own Son to die for us? That is harder than to die yourself and I cannot grasp how God loves us this much. I would never send one of my children or my wife to certain death to save a even a million people. No way.

God is just amazing and every time I think on Who He is and the kind of Person He is and I am humbled and realize how unworthy I am of His love.

I think of what He has done for me and I realize that I am a disgrace, whether He still loves me or not, He is far better than I can comprehend and I am a moral worm.

How dare I question what He tells me? What nerve does it take to second guess His commands?

That is even more puzzling when the person is an educated person, fully knowledgeable of the situation and their own hidden sin.

I can neither understand this depth of human depravity nor the holiness of God to let His Son die to remove our guilt.
It is very amazing and extremely hard to believe that He would consider to come and do that for us. He has given us a beautiful example of giving your life for those He loves…Awesomeness that transcends our ability to He did that…went thru the hatred shown to Him by those who thought Him a threat…

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. (NIV)
 
As a parent I know that I would die to save my kids and wife. There isn’t even a moment of hesitation or doubt.

But the Father loves us enough to send His own Son to die for us? That is harder than to die yourself and I cannot grasp how God loves us this much. I would never send one of my children or my wife to certain death to save a even a million people. No way.

God is just amazing and every time I think on Who He is and the kind of Person He is and I am humbled and realize how unworthy I am of His love.

I think of what He has done for me and I realize that I am a disgrace, whether He still loves me or not, He is far better than I can comprehend and I am a moral worm.

How dare I question what He tells me? What nerve does it take to second guess His commands?

That is even more puzzling when the person is an educated person, fully knowledgeable of the situation and their own hidden sin.

I can neither understand this depth of human depravity nor the holiness of God to let His Son die to remove our guilt.
You must remember two things. 1) God cannot truly die. 2) God’s son was equally god, and only took an earthly form, and suffered for a specific reason. His death was only temporary because he truly cannot die.

Now, we are mortal beings and our kind can die. You never understand thinking of your children in such a sense, because none of us can truly understand god’s reasoning.
 
As a parent I know that I would die to save my kids and wife. There isn’t even a moment of hesitation or doubt.

But the Father loves us enough to send His own Son to die for us? That is harder than to die yourself and I cannot grasp how God loves us this much. I would never send one of my children or my wife to certain death to save a even a million people. No way.

God is just amazing and every time I think on Who He is and the kind of Person He is and I am humbled and realize how unworthy I am of His love.

I think of what He has done for me and I realize that I am a disgrace, whether He still loves me or not, He is far better than I can comprehend and I am a moral worm.

How dare I question what He tells me? What nerve does it take to second guess His commands?

That is even more puzzling when the person is an educated person, fully knowledgeable of the situation and their own hidden sin.

I can neither understand this depth of human depravity nor the holiness of God to let His Son die to remove our guilt.
Welcome to the club. It is a Sacred Mystery and we will never be able to understand it on this side of Heaven. Just Trust HIM, Love HIM, thank HIM and do our best to help HIM win souls. I think what you feel is called Humility. God Bless, Memaw
 
You must remember two things. 1) God cannot truly die. 2) God’s son was equally god, and only took an earthly form, and suffered for a specific reason. His death was only temporary because he truly cannot die.

Now, we are mortal beings and our kind can die. You never understand thinking of your children in such a sense, because none of us can truly understand god’s reasoning.
Oh but HE did die!! Everything HE did and said was TRUE. HE said I AM the Way, the Truth and The Life. Just because we don’t fully understand a Sacred Mystery doesn’t mean it isn’t true. That’s where our faith comes in. He didn’t just take on an ‘earthly form’. He truly became a man and HE truly died on the Cross for us. Jesus is TRUE GOD and TRUE Man !! Jesus I TRUST in YOU!! God Bless, Memaw
 
You might let your wife die for your children, though, right? If that was the only way to save them and she volunteered? So it is with our heavenly Father, who loves us as his own and sent His Son to save us.
 
You must remember two things. 1) God cannot truly die. 2) God’s son was equally god, and only took an earthly form, and suffered for a specific reason. His death was only temporary because he truly cannot die.

Now, we are mortal beings and our kind can die. You never understand thinking of your children in such a sense, because none of us can truly understand god’s reasoning.
But our deaths are temporary as well, are they not?
 
Welcome to the club. It is a Sacred Mystery and we will never be able to understand it on this side of Heaven. Just Trust HIM, Love HIM, thank HIM and do our best to help HIM win souls. I think what you feel is called Humility. God Bless, Memaw
👍 thanks for that.

I try, but I fail so often.
 
Yes Memaw. We should all feel humbled.
When I first came back to Christianity in high school after years as an agnostic, I felt so humble the church I went to gave me a button that said “Most humble man on Earth!”

But they took it back cause I wore it all the time.

😦
 
When I first came back to Christianity in high school after years as an agnostic, I felt so humble the church I went to gave me a button that said “Most humble man on Earth!”

But they took it back cause I wore it all the time.

😦
Ah I am sorry! Did they think it became a source of pride?
You were an agnostic at a young age! It was a sign of humility to return.
 
When I first came back to Christianity in high school after years as an agnostic, I felt so humble the church I went to gave me a button that said “Most humble man on Earth!”
But they took it back cause I wore it all the time.
I am the most humble fish in the sea! But I cannot wear buttons for obvious reasons.
 
Ah I am sorry! Did they think it became a source of pride?
Actually it was a bumbling attempt at humor on my part. I never got that button though I deserved it. (just kidding) 😃
You were an agnostic at a young age! It was a sign of humility to return.
My parents divorce threw me for a loop and I questioned everything and decided to never believe anything again unless I could prove it to myself. After living in anxiety over commonly held concepts for a while, I revised my cosmology to allow for tentative operating belief status. 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top