I cannot yet do Confession, But I have sinned

  • Thread starter Thread starter AndrewJMason
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndrewJMason

Guest
I just commited a horrible sin (to me anyways).
Is there a prayer I can say that would fill the void a bit?
I feel horrible…
I cannot yet do confession because I am doing RCIA and have yet to be confirmed.
Help?
 
Say an act of contrition, and mean it, and pray for God’s mercy.
 
I agree that you should say an act of contrition. Be repentant! Write it down so that you don’t forget to bring it up at your first confession. God understands your situation, and if you truly desire absolution and have true contrition, it won’t be denied of you.
 
Say an act of contrition, and mean it, and pray for God’s mercy.
Yes, ask God to help you make a perfect Act of Contrition for your sin. And head for the confessinal as soon as possible, You do not have to be confirmed, But Baptism is necessary. Talk to your RCIA director, tell him/her you need to confess. They will direct you. Peace, Carlan
 
Yes, definitely pray an Act of Contrition. Here is a good one (though there are others):
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because of Thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin. Amen.
As others have said, God understands that you cannot go to Confession at this time. If (God forbid!) something awful happened to you before you could begin receiving the Sacraments, God knows your *intent * to confess and will grant you absolution. God never expects the impossible of us!

I have to applaud you, as well, for being aware of your sin and for wishing to Confess in the Sacrament. Your recognition of your own fallen nature and shortcomings, and your desire to right yourself with God, all show that you are spiritually mature and seek to be an obedient servant of Christ. This is a very good thing!

Having been in your shoes only two years ago, I can say from experience that you will feel a huge weight off your shoulders when you are able to receive absolution in the Sacrament. Take solace in the fact that God knows what’s in your heart, and that you will be able to confess your sin soon enough.

Congratulations on your impending Confirmation, and God bless you!
 
Hold on everyone.

Are you baptized yet? If not, just say the act of contrition and know that upon baptism all of your sins are washed away in a greater sense that even confession allows (temporal punishment also removed.)

If you are baptized, you can receive confession (I was in RCIA and I did a good 15 times or so before confirmation.)

Think about it - you are going to receive the Eucharist and must be in the state of grace to do so and only confession can do that. You will HAVE to have confession before officially joining the Catholic Church. I decided to start in December, but others waited until a few weeks before the Confirmation/First Eucharist Mass. Up to you.
 
What Jerok said is true. If you have already been baptized and are going to be confirmed at Easter you can go to confession now. Tell the priest that you’re in RCIA and this is your first confession.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top