H
Hope_Philomena
Guest
I have a fear of male authority figures, I have a negative father complex, etc. God is the authority, He is the father. And I’m having a hard time trusting and loving Him because of this. I would be much more comfortable if God was considered female, and I know that’s a foolish and irrational thought, but I just am more comfortable with mothers. I appreciate Mary very much because of this, but in the end, it’s God we are supposed to worship, not Mary. I’m slightly more comfortable with Jesus, but that’s because he feels younger. It’s the older male figures that I’m afraid of. I’m even more comfortable with the angels, strangely; it doesn’t make sense, but it’s how it is for me. And I feel terrible for seemingly loving Mary and the angels more than I love God.
It’s stupid of me to be afraid, I know, but it is a wall that I can’t climb over it seems. The negative and false stereotype that Christianity hates women doesn’t help either. I know it’s not true, but the irrational side of me can’t push away the thought that I don’t belong in Christianity. Because of my fear and lack of love, I feel like I will never have a relationship with God. And I’m not sure what to do.
It’s stupid of me to be afraid, I know, but it is a wall that I can’t climb over it seems. The negative and false stereotype that Christianity hates women doesn’t help either. I know it’s not true, but the irrational side of me can’t push away the thought that I don’t belong in Christianity. Because of my fear and lack of love, I feel like I will never have a relationship with God. And I’m not sure what to do.