I cheated on a test

• Thread starter Thread starter RomanRyan1088
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RomanRyan1088

I cheated on my math exam on friday. I feel kinda bad about it now, I was going to confess it today, but it totally slipped my mind, Honestly! Please don’t tell me that this keeps me from recieving communion at church tommarow, please.

I forgot to say, i confessed that I lie alot, would that be considered good enough to cover cheating.

I think cheating would go under both stealing and lying. If it really slipped your mind, I think that you can go. The priest obsolves you of all your sins, even those you may have forgotten about.

If you purposly didn’t say anything, that would be another matter.

40.png
RomanRyan1088:
I cheated on my math exam on friday. I feel kinda bad about it now, I was going to confess it today, but it totally slipped my mind, Honestly! Please don’t tell me that this keeps me from recieving communion at church tommarow, please.
A classic put on.

Cheating would be a venial sin. This is forgiven in the penitential part of the mass. Right before the Lamb of God you think of those sins you want to be forgiven. At least this what I have been told by a Priest.

I do hope you do the penance for this as well. It is important. I preface this by saying I am not a Priest!!! I try to make my pencance fix the problem I created. Even though you didn’t hurt anyone else, you did hurt God. So if you think this is a good idea then do it. You can ask a priest first too if you are uncomfortable with my idea.

You need to tell the teacher you cheated and suffer the consequences. This will be hard to do. Be brave and pray for strength before you go. Maybe this will be the first step in helping you from lying alot.

Peace,
Jen

This is just me, I would make mention of it in my next confession. I know absolution forgives all sin eben forgotten ones, but since you remembered it I probably woudn’t hurt. As far as Communnion, I would think you could go, but I’m no priest.

I’d also suggest that you make a “list” before you go to confession that way you don’t let things slip your mind. I used to be able to keep all those things in my head, however, recently I’ve started writing out a little outline before I go to confession that way I don’t forget when I get in there (scary that at 20 I’m forgetful, huh?) I like the list idea because you can have confidence going in and coming out of your confession that you remembered everything you wanted to. Yes, when you forget something in confession it is forgiven along with all of your other sins, however, I started realizing that I was “forgeting” too much and maybe I should put more time and effort into examining my conscience and preparing for confession.

Dear RomanR: I humbly submit that you must give thought to confessing the actual sin, and to consider that ‘lying’ doesn’t cover it. I suggest this because it seems to me that the particular lie is intimately connected with your state of life (student?) and that as such it needs to be mentioned especially. Remember that you can’t be cured if you resist the medicine.

Grace and peace,

40.png
FrmrTrad:
Dear RomanR: I humbly submit that you must give thought to confessing the actual sin, and to consider that ‘lying’ doesn’t cover it. I suggest this because it seems to me that the particular lie is intimately connected with your state of life (student?) and that as such it needs to be mentioned especially. Remember that you can’t be cured if you resist the medicine.

Grace and peace,
I will confess it next Saturday.

40.png
Sanctus:
I’d also suggest that you make a “list” before you go to confession that way you don’t let things slip your mind. I used to be able to keep all those things in my head, however, recently I’ve started writing out a little outline before I go to confession that way I don’t forget when I get in there (scary that at 20 I’m forgetful, huh?) I like the list idea because you can have confidence going in and coming out of your confession that you remembered everything you wanted to. Yes, when you forget something in confession it is forgiven along with all of your other sins, however, I started realizing that I was “forgeting” too much and maybe I should put more time and effort into examining my conscience and preparing for confession.
Dont feel so bad, im 16 and i forgot, now thats scary :bigyikes: . I did make a list, but I don’t take it into the confessional with me.

Get in the habit of saying " forgive me for these sins and all the sins that I have forgotten" in confession. If you remember the sin later and it is a grave sin then confess the next time.

God Bless

40.png
RomanRyan1088:
I will confess it next Saturday.
If you are truly repentant, you’ll confess on Monday… to your teacher.

The world will not come to an end, your scholastic career will not come to an end – at least not if you confess before the teacher has a chance to confront you! – and that piece of humble pie will put you back on to the sweet taste of honesty.

40.png
Sanctus:
A list? Do you really think God keeps a list? This is the first step on the road of scrupulousity. It really makes Confession a new, but legalistic form of the OT sacrificial atonement for sins, and frankly, I don’t think it makes for a spiritually healthy individual.

BLB_Oregon said:
If you are truly repentant, you’ll confess on Monday… to your teacher.

The world will not come to an end, your scholastic career will not come to an end – at least not if you confess before the teacher has a chance to confront you! – and that piece of humble pie will put you back on to the sweet taste of honesty.

I totally agree! Do the right thing and bear the fruits of honesty and humility! Use this experience to grow in holiness.

40.png
Deacon2006:
Get in the habit of saying " forgive me for these sins and all the sins that I have forgotten" in confession. If you remember the sin later and it is a grave sin then confess the next time.
I make it a point to end all my confessions with … “For these and for all my sins as they stand in the eyes of God, I ask for penance and absolution”.

If you are going to cheat please do not do it off of someone else.

In middle school I had a teacher who set it up so easily for people to cheat and someone cheated off of me, I was the one who got in trouble for it. He failed my test, my parents met with him and he had to give me a new one. It was on the bones of the human body and he added more blanks than there were supposed to be and everything he could do to catch me. I did great and corrected his “mistakes” on it. He couldn’t do anything to me for that grading period because everyone was watching him, but after that he started messing up my grades on report cards out of dislike for me. He would give me a D instead of a B, but keep all my paperwork so I could not fight it because me writing down the grades was not as accurate as his grade book. All of my papers had been thrown out and I had to take a bad grade. Some teachers will do anything to mess up your grades.

40.png
KittyKat:
If you are going to cheat please do not do it off of someone else.
:amen:

I, personally would suggest not cheating at all, but I also found myself in a similar situation as KittyKat. Someone cheated off me and I got in trouble. The whole purpose was to prevent cheaters who had previously planned to cheat off each other. In my case however, it wasn’t mutual, I hate cheating.

I would never cheat, because I hate it when I work and study so hard and someone else gets a higher grade on something due to cheating. It’s still VERY unfair to your classmates if you are using a cheat sheet, because you might have been the reason that there wasn’t a curve, plus it’s not the grade you really deserved.

I’m a teenager too, and don’t get me wrong, I’ve been tempted many times. But my suggestion, like some of the other posters said is tell your teacher, you’ll feel a lot better. 🙂

40.png
mhansen:
A list? Do you really think God keeps a list? This is the first step on the road of scrupulousity. It really makes Confession a new, but legalistic form of the OT sacrificial atonement for sins, and frankly, I don’t think it makes for a spiritually healthy individual.
Hubby makes a list and trust me he’s in no danger of becoming scrupulous. He just likes to be “organized”.

Dissertation is a mortal sin and so is plagerism.

Padre Pio “Don’t worry, work and pray.”

40.png
rayne89:
Hubby makes a list and trust me he’s in no danger of becoming scrupulous. He just likes to be “organized”.
:clapping: Dogmatic pronouncements about “scrupulosity” in relation to writing out one’s ‘little list’ annoy the daylights out of me. Some list-makers are scrupulous; some are not. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back