I confess ...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Confessions
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you confessing or showing off your ability to date attractive women? 😛
 
Dang. You mean that rating the opposite sex is wrong? I heard that men make a frequent habit of it, so now I do it all the time. :rolleyes:
 
I confess that in the past I have engaged in a rating system with my friends where we rate the women we date on a scale of 1-10. My rule used to be that I would not date any girl who’s below a 7. Fortunately, most of my friends have stopped using that sytem and are now trying to convince me to look at personality instead of just physical appearance, which I’m beginning to do. I’m ashamed to say that I have refused to date girls or ended things because of her appearance/weight, etc., even recently.
I may catch some flack for this but here goes:

Physical attraction is very important when it comes to selecting a marriage partner. Nearly all of us guys did that to one degree or another as teenagers. The danger comes when we allow beauty to blind us to examining the qualities in the other person that will be helpful in sustaining a marriage that is designed to last a lifetime. These are love of God, integrity, faithfulness, character, loyalty and a shared value system. Common interests are also helpful.

I would suggest that if you find a person physically unattractive, you may be wasting your (or their) time dating them. Above all, you have a moral obligation to protect the feelings of others when it comes to declining a date for this reason.
😉
 
I see nothing wrong with only dating women you find attractive. Having an official scale is a little structured and odd, but I doubt if it’s a sin. Maybe from now on evaluate each woman individually, considering the sum total of her person. But, I for one wouldn’t want to be with an overweight woman, no offense to anyone here who is overweight. There’s nothing wrong with seeking a healthy looking, attractive mate.
 
It’s only overweight if her DOCTOR describes her as such. I know many plus-sized “overweight looking” women who eat healthier and exercise more than skinny girls. Actually, a good portion of skinny girls I know eat as much junk as they can (because “they can”:rolleyes:), drink too much, smoke too much, and hide it all with makeup.

Honestly, a bigger woman who’s in shape, who glows with health and obviously takes care of herself is a lot prettier than a skinny girl who isn’t and has the look of fast food, cigarettes, and alcohol radiating from her skin.

So let’s dispel the skinny = healthy, big = unhealthy. Not true.
 
I may catch some flack for this but here goes:

Physical attraction is very important when it comes to selecting a marriage partner. Nearly all of us guys did that to one degree or another as teenagers. The danger comes when we allow beauty to blind us to examining the qualities in the other person that will be helpful in sustaining a marriage that is designed to last a lifetime. These are love of God, integrity, faithfulness, character, loyalty and a shared value system. Common interests are also helpful.

I would suggest that if you find a person physically unattractive, you may be wasting your (or their) time dating them. Above all, you have a moral obligation to protect the feelings of others when it comes to declining a date for this reason.
😉
You said exactly what I wanted to say…only in a much clearer way.
 
I may catch some flack for this but here goes:

Physical attraction is very important when it comes to selecting a marriage partner. Nearly all of us guys did that to one degree or another as teenagers. The danger comes when we allow beauty to blind us to examining the qualities in the other person that will be helpful in sustaining a marriage that is designed to last a lifetime. These are love of God, integrity, faithfulness, character, loyalty and a shared value system. Common interests are also helpful.

I would suggest that if you find a person physically unattractive, you may be wasting your (or their) time dating them. Above all, you have a moral obligation to protect the feelings of others when it comes to declining a date for this reason.
😉
I don’t disagree…I think physical attraction (mutual between two people) is important, but it’s one of many characterstics one should seek. I think that it only goes so far, of course, if the person is shallow, rude, doesn’t have God in his/her life, etc. Looks by themselves is of course, not enough…is what I mean. But, I think the OP runs the risk of becoming shallow if a girls looks is paramount above everything to him in choosing a mate. But, good points. :o
 
I confess that in the past I have engaged in a rating system with my friends where we rate the women we date on a scale of 1-10. My rule used to be that I would not date any girl who’s below a 7. Fortunately, most of my friends have stopped using that sytem and are now trying to convince me to look at personality instead of just physical appearance, which I’m beginning to do. I’m ashamed to say that I have refused to date girls or ended things because of her appearance/weight, etc., even recently.
Keep in mind also however that men and women look at different things when that initial attraction occurs between a man and a woman. A man looks first and foremost at physical appearance and finds love later through the emotional aspect or personality. A woman is attracted first and foremost to the emotional or personality aspect and later learns love by being attracted to the physical want and attributes of a man. I would say that you may have taken it a little more to an extreme in downright denying getting to know a woman personality based on her looks, but there are faults in all of us.
 
*Also…women like attractive men. My hubby lifted weights a lot when we were dating…I liked his muscles. 🙂 Nothing wrong with chemistry…it’s very important, I think. But, the OP’s rating system seems to be more along the lines of…he doesn’t give someone a chance unless she fits a certain ‘‘rating,’’ so again…I just caution that type of behavior. *
 
*Also…women like attractive men. My hubby lifted weights a lot when we were dating…I liked his muscles. 🙂 Nothing wrong with chemistry…it’s very important, I think. But, the OP’s rating system seems to be more along the lines of…he doesn’t give someone a chance unless she fits a certain ‘‘rating,’’ so again…I just caution that type of behavior. *
Oh, I agree with you that women like attractive men, having said that-I think men value attraction more than women do. Perhaps women value power, money, etc.

When you see a beer commercial, or a commerical geared towards men, there is bound to be a cute girl. When you see a commercial based towards women, you probably won’t see a shirtless man.

Of course there are exceptions.
 
I may catch some flack for this but here goes:

Physical attraction is very important when it comes to selecting a marriage partner. Nearly all of us guys did that to one degree or another as teenagers. The danger comes when we allow beauty to blind us to examining the qualities in the other person that will be helpful in sustaining a marriage that is designed to last a lifetime. These are love of God, integrity, faithfulness, character, loyalty and a shared value system. Common interests are also helpful.

I would suggest that if you find a person physically unattractive, you may be wasting your (or their) time dating them. Above all, you have a moral obligation to protect the feelings of others when it comes to declining a date for this reason.
😉
I’m a woman and I completely agree with this. I wouldn’t think twice about a man I didn’t find physically attractive no matter what other qualities he had. If he’s a great person he’s a great candidate for a friend, physical attraction is simply required for me to want to take it to the next level.

Physical attraction on its own is not enough though, but it’s just foolish to deny its importance. Your spouse is someone you’ll be having sex with and being physically close to, if they’re not attractive you won’t want to do any of it and your marriage will suffer.
 
Oh, I agree with you that women like attractive men, having said that-I think men value attraction more than women do. Perhaps women value power, money, etc.

When you see a beer commercial, or a commerical geared towards men, there is bound to be a cute girl. When you see a commercial based towards women, you probably won’t see a shirtless man.

Of course there are exceptions.
*A good Catholic woman values a good Catholic man…who has values, works hard…etc…but having muscles doesn’t hurt. 😉 I think shallow women go after money and power…it doesn’t seem like ‘‘values’’ a Catholic person should look for in another…but, I get your point. lol Personally, when I was dating…I looked for strength in men. In their looks and demeanor. My dh is a very strong man…I think women’s definition of attractiveness might different from that standpoint.

The one thing I have noticed is a move towards more men’s magazines showing very fit men on the covers…I mean, when I am in the magazine section of say the grocery store…they are filling up the stands as much as women’s magazines, showing fit women on the cover. My son who is 17 said there is pressure for guys to look good out there…not just for women. *
 
I’m a woman and I completely agree with this. I wouldn’t think twice about a man I didn’t find physically attractive no matter what other qualities he had. If he’s a great person he’s a great candidate for a friend, physical attraction is simply required for me to want to take it to the next level.

Physical attraction on its own is not enough though, but it’s just foolish to deny its importance. Your spouse is someone you’ll be having sex with and being physically close to, if they’re not attractive you won’t want to do any of it and your marriage will suffer.
*Yes, I agree. I don’t think anyone would dispute that though…finding one’s spouse physically attractive, etc. *
 
I’m a woman and I completely agree with this. I wouldn’t think twice about a man I didn’t find physically attractive no matter what other qualities he had. If he’s a great person he’s a great candidate for a friend, physical attraction is simply required for me to want to take it to the next level.

Physical attraction on its own is not enough though, but it’s just foolish to deny its importance. Your spouse is someone you’ll be having sex with and being physically close to, if they’re not attractive you won’t want to do any of it and your marriage will suffer.
*I don’t think anyone is disputing this though…that physical chemistry between two people is important. *
 
I think shallow women go after money and power…
This was probably more true in the past than now. I remember reading something about how modern educated/professional women are as likely to be interested in appearance as men, whereas their uneducated and poor counterparts value a man’s earning power.

It makes sense in a society where women are uneducated/don’t have good jobs to care about finding a man who’ll be able to provide for her and the children. If a woman makes good money herself, it’s no longer an issue.

I don’t think it’s too fair to call women in a society where women aren’t educated/successful shallow for wanting a man with money, it makes perfect sense for them to want this because a man’s money would determine how well their children are raised.
 
*I don’t think anyone is disputing this though…that physical chemistry between two people is important. *
Some men seem to be under the impression that their looks don’t matter! (And then they wonder why their wives have headaches more often than not.)
 
Some men seem to be under the impression that their looks don’t matter! (And then they wonder why their wives have headaches more often than not.)
*Yes, I don’t know why that notion is pervasive on here, anyways. :o

Regarding the shallow comment…I meant it more along the lines of the women Trump married, for example. Women who are not looking for companionship, or love…just want a guy to take care of them…that is shallow, to me. My sister is attractive and successful…divorced. She said that I’d be surprised how many men out there in their 50’s who are divorced, are now looking for a woman to take care of them! She said it’s a huge turnoff…she doesn’t want a man to take care of her, but she certainly doesn’t want to support a man, financially…I don’t blame her! She should have stayed married, but that is a thread for another time.

All that aside…I think that it’s important for a man to be fiscally responsible. When thinking of marrying someone…if a man can’t hold a job down, is irresponsible…is lazy…he could look like a model would not matter lol…that would be a turn off. Looks can get a person only so far. *
 
All that aside…I think that it’s important for a man to be fiscally responsible. When thinking of marrying someone…if a man can’t hold a job down, is irresponsible…is lazy…he could look like a model would not matter lol…that would be a turn off. Looks can get a person only so far. *
I agree with this. Laziness is a huge turnoff.
 
It’s only overweight if her DOCTOR describes her as such. I know many plus-sized “overweight looking” women who eat healthier and exercise more than skinny girls. Actually, a good portion of skinny girls I know eat as much junk as they can (because “they can”:rolleyes:), drink too much, smoke too much, and hide it all with makeup.

Honestly, a bigger woman who’s in shape, who glows with health and obviously takes care of herself is a lot prettier than a skinny girl who isn’t and has the look of fast food, cigarettes, and alcohol radiating from her skin.

So let’s dispel the skinny = healthy, big = unhealthy. Not true.
AMEN! I ran a marthon last October, and most of my skinny friends can’t even powerwalk down the block. 👍
I’m one of those weird people that in order for me to lose weight, I have to eat practically nothing.
When I was in Nashville, my diet was diet pills, cigarettes, alcohol, and energy drinks. Yep, that is healthy, because I was a size 4 (but still too fat according to my manager). 😛 No matter that my hair was falling out, I was sick all the time, and was lighted headed. I had no energy, and once when I was singing, I actually forgot what I was doing in the studio. :confused: <---- me. But Photoshop does miracles, and in pictures, I looked good. But as my mom said, I looked like death. And she would try to feed me, and I would scream and kick the table over. Yep, super healthy there. Even salads were forbidden. It couldn’t be chugged, popped, or inhaled, so it was out.
So it ticks me off when someone says that all overweight girls are unhealthy. Sure, there are some overweight people who sit around and eat all day, but I know a lot of skinny people who do the same thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top