R
rwoehmke
Guest
The only reason I brought it up is that when a protestant finds out that there is more to the prayer than just asking intercession the answer and maybe others of your answers loses credibility. I did not mean to get into a debate or to question most evrything you wrote. You had good answers.Well, you are of course correct. I didn’t want to turn the letter into a massive theology debate. I was trying to keep it short and simple. You could get into the whole argument about how the word “pray” has changed over time. In Shakespearian times, you could say “pray tell” in the sense that you were asking rather than talking to God, and so on. Nevertheless, you’re right, I acknowledge that.
On another note, I have been a team member in RCIA for over 15 years and this problem comes up for some candidates early on, but by the time Easter Vigil arrives I have seen some of these concerned/worried parents show up for the Vigil Mass. One of my five sons walked away and joined the Baptist Church and I can tell you it is both scary and worrisome for a parent when a child leaves the family religion/church/denomination.