I don’t feel sorry for my sins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kandi2003
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kandi2003

Guest
I’m a teen male I’m not catholic neither are my parents , that’s the reason I’m not catholic yet since I’m not catholic I can’t receive sacrament of reconciliation if any of you were going to recommend that , so here’s my situation I’m struggling with masterbation and it’s become to the point where I do it every day I don’t even feel remorse afterwards does the mean I’m damned . Sorry for the bad English
 
Last edited:
People have different dispositions and lives that make this problem easier to deal with or very difficult to stop.
 
Last edited:
that’s the reason I’m not catholic yet
You say yet. Are you thinking of becoming one? If so, why? (I have a reason for asking this).
it’s become to the point where I do it every day I don’t even feel remorse afterwards does the mean I’m damned
You still alive? Heart still ticking? Good. You’re not damned while you’re still alive. However, as I’m sure you’re well aware, Catholics consider it a sin.

Since you don’t feel remorse, pray for the grace of contrition for sins and ask God His forgiveness. Do you want to stop?
 
Pray that you will feel sorry for your sins. God will turn your heart of stone into a heart of flesh if you want him too. I struggle with not feeling sorry sometimes too, but this has gotten better over time as I have humbly asked God to change my heart. It sounds like you at least want to be better or else you wouldn’t be posting here. Just pray that God will change your outlook on things. Now, you’ll have to do your part too, you won’t just magically stop desiring evil, but over time you can overcome this by allowing the grace of God to work in your life. It will be challenging but I’ll pray for you brother!
 
I have been interested in joining the catholic for some Time now , I Am currently growing up in a non denomination Christian house and never really thought about what church was best for me after looking around learning about different Christian denomination this really stuck out to me Because One of the shocking things I realized when I read about the Catholic Church was how plainly biblical her teachings were. We believe that we are saved by grace because St. Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, says so (Eph 2:8). But we also believe that we are saved by faith—but not “by faith alone” because that’s what the Bible says (James 2:24). We believe true faith works in love and thus we must “work out our salvation with fear and trembling” (Gal 5:6; Phil 2:12). We believe that the deposit of faith has been passed down through the Sacred Writings and also by sacred oral tradition because that’s what Paul taught (1 Thess 2:13; 2 Thess 2:15; 1 Cor 11:2). We believe that priests can forgive our sins in the presence of Christ because Jesus said to the apostles “whose sins you forgive are forgiven them” (John 20:21-23). But we also believe that the grace required for our salvation comes freely through the sacraments, beginning with baptism, because the New Testament says things like “Baptism…now saves you” (1 Pet 3:21).
 
Just stop. It’s not that hard. 🤷‍♂️
I think you just won the award for least helpful comment ever.

Memo: not everyone is like you. Some people find stopping gossiping super easy (I would). Others find it almost impossible. Same with lying, same with masturbation, same with envy, same with arrogance.

No one has trouble stopping doing things they aren’t all that strongly tempted to do.
 
wow. I’m sure the OP had never ever thought of that! Amazing!
 
I think it would be more charitable to stop bashing Melodeonist.
 
No, you are not damned and your still living should give you hope. But I request you stop immediately.

When a sin is habitual, it is like darkness closing in on us and we grow numb to it, so stop before the darkness fully closes in.

Remorse is not just a feeling. It should be a thing of the will, to not offend God anymore.
 
Meditating on the passion of Christ during times of temptation should help you overcome this fault.
 
I think you just won the award for least helpful comment ever.
I think he was making a joke or pun on the word “hard.”
The amount of threads on masturbation on CAF, I can understand someone wanting to make a joke like this.
 
Nope. I’m serious. I quit cold turkey back when I found out it was sinful when I found God back in 2014. Yes, I fell a couple of times afterwards but that was years later and all the times all it took was nothing. Yes. It’s easier to quit than to do it. 🤷‍♂️
 
Um, I don’t think making references is a good idea for someone struggling with these types of faults.
 
This is from the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
To form an equitable judgment about the subjects’ moral responsibility and to guide pastoral action, one must take into account the affective immaturity, force of acquired habit, conditions of anxiety or other psychological or social factors that lessen, if not even reduce to a minimum, moral culpability.
Note the phrase “reduce to a minimum, moral culpability”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top