I don’t feel sorry for my sins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kandi2003
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We believe true faith works in love
Your entire response was beautiful, but this is the part that stuck out most to me. Perhaps you would try to channel that love, that faith you have, when you are being tempted. Ask God for His help and completely surrender yourself into His care.

You may not feel that love and trust right away, just as you can’t quite muster up remorse, but pray and these things will come. God wants your love, your trust, and your repentance greatly. Such a prayer would be beautiful to Him.

I’ll pray for you. May the dear Lord bless and keep you!
 
Nope. I’m serious. I quit cold turkey back when I found out it was sinful when I found God back in 2014. Yes, I fell a couple of times afterwards but that was years later and all the times all it took was nothing. Yes. It’s easier to quit than to do it.
Some people can just pick up a guitar and make beautiful music. Some can’t. If you’re not gifted at guitar, it would be very insensitive for me to say, “Just pick it up and play a solo, like this. It’s a cinch.” It would imply that you’re bad at guitar because you don’t want to be good.

It is the same with virtue. Some come naturally to some people. That does not entitle us to say that it will come naturally to everyone.
 
I thank you for the comment , but I had some help writing up and wording the post my grammar is horrible , you would know I had help if you known me in real life , I I thank you for your prayers I will also be praying for you
 
I think it would be more charitable to stop bashing Melodeonist.
I repent for saying his was the worst comment ever. But everything else I’ve said is indisputably true, and indisputably the Church’s pastoral approach. What Melodeonist is saying is dangerous and false.
 
It’s not the words that give it beauty. It’s the meaning behind them.

And I thank you for your prayers, I can always use them! 🙂
 
You are not obliged to feel the emotion of repentance, but accept that God desires certain behavior from us.
Due to your upbringing, this concept of asking God’s forgiveness is still perhaps a little strange.
In our modern world, a great many people wouldn’t feel there is anything wrong with that behavior also.At the least, say to God, “I don’t feel sorry, but I realize now that I should be sorry, so I’m saying ‘sorry’ to You anyway.
Please help me to understand better what You want of me, and help me to overcome any sinful habits that I have.”
If you don’t have the emotion of regret, offer God your intention to repent even if you can’t yet feel remorse.

And do your best to find sensible practical ways to avoid temptation.
 
You need a stronger will.

I’ve heard of alcoholics stopping drinking because that’s the only way they would get a liver transplant for their end-stage liver disease. And smokers who stop smoking when they find out their lung has cancer.

You don’t stop because at this moment, the pleasure outweighs the pain of offending God. You need to get to the point of despising your sins.
 
On the one hand, you are all correct re: Melodeonist.

But in several months, or years, Kandi2003 could be looking back wondering why he ever had a problem quitting. That’s because in the end, it’s an act of will. Just like he can make a strong decision never to date a 700 lb woman, with no equivocation, he will be able to make a strong decision to quit sinning in this way. He just hasn’t made that decision yet.
 
Yes it is. It’s an addiction really and has feelings one gets from drugs.
People on here act like it’s so easy but it’s not okay? Especially if you’ve been in the routine for years.
 
Don’t listen to these hypocrites. The CCC makes it clear if you are immature in mind or addicted it removes your mortal sin to venial and maybe not at all a sin.

2352 By masturbation is to be understood the deliberate stimulation of the genital organs in order to derive sexual pleasure. "Both the Magisterium of the Church, in the course of a constant tradition, and the moral sense of the faithful have been in no doubt and have firmly maintained that masturbation is an intrinsically and gravely disordered action."138 “The deliberate use of the sexual faculty, for whatever reason, outside of marriage is essentially contrary to its purpose.” For here sexual pleasure is sought outside of "the sexual relationship which is demanded by the moral order and in which the total meaning of mutual self-giving and human procreation in the context of true love is achieved."139

To form an equitable judgment about the subjects’ moral responsibility and to guide pastoral action, one must take into account the affective immaturity, force of acquired habit, conditions of anxiety or other psychological or social factors that lessen, if not even reduce to a minimum, moral culpability.
 
For real um
random word
stop making these jokes.
😭😭😭
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top