I failed "Job's" testings..please help me!

  • Thread starter Thread starter soulofwander
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

soulofwander

Guest
I don’t know at what section I should put this so I will just put it here, please admins don’t delete it…

okay so here I start. I am 20 years old and my whole life I was really good guy ( non judgemental, kind, helpful etc etc. ) and was having really really strong faith in God and honestly I had great and awesome life, I played football for 15 years and I was doing great at it, it was the only thing I ever wanted and It was my dream and I was briliant at it ( God gave me talent for it ), I had amazing girlfriend and I was doing great in study so in short term my life was simply amazing, but suddenly I lost my girlfriend , I got injured for quite long time, I fall 1 grade in school and I fell in very deep depression and despair…the last 3 years of my life were horrible and I started to lose faith rapidly, my head was flooded with questions ( I don’t even know from where they come ), why did God do this to me ? I was such a great person, I never ever done anything bad and He puted such a heavy storm on me and then in time I got really angry and throw away many of sacred things I had in my room I even cursed God few times, I become something that I never ever wanted in my life…I was so lost and confused and I was so …WEAK… and today I saw on TV testings of Job and it was exactly same thing that happened to me and I feel so guilty now, how could I betray God so easy ? How was I so weak ? …I feel such big guilt and despair on my chest that I don’t know how to handle…I have failed God and I just can’t face it…is there any way to redeem my self and my life ? is there a way that I could just be old me again ? …I feel so lost and guilty… :confused::(:confused:

Thanks alot for anyone who reads this text ( I know its kinda big ), and I apolagize for my grammar couse English is not my first language.
 
Hi I have had that as the story of my life. I got off on the wrong foot and it was all downhill from there. If you notice Job demanded answers from God. He continued to love God but he also got fed up and asked Him for answers.
 
So you had everything good in life when other have so much less and the when the going gets tough you betray God. You have sinned but you know this. Congratulations you are not he road of recovery. Jesus was beat to death for you. He suffered on the cross and he knew you would betray him. Jesus loves you remember this. He will take away your guilt and sin. If you are truly sorry go to confession. Your old life might be gone for good or it might be restored. Ask God and remember Jesus matters more than anything else. I am not judging you and I think more of you because you have confessed your guilt. Christ has not judged you and neither do I
 
Hi guys and thanks a bunch for replay !

@erine what happend ? did you got you’re old life back ?

@Loving disciple yes I done bad things but through all those few years of suffer 90% time I still had faith and I still talked to God but yes I was not good as I was before… I know He gives all to us humans but still we are weak… I am weak… what will become of my life now… :confused:
 
What are you going to do now? You could ask the same question of St. Peter after he denied Christ three times. What did he do? You haven’t failed Job’s testing. You still have faith and repentance. You are blessed.
Fall on His mercy and he will welcome you like the prodigal or the lost sheep. Girlfriends come and go. The best stick by you during the sticky patches. We all have some terrible years as we plod through this vale of tears.
Chin up. If you play American football the armor they wear should allow you to recover. If it is soccer then you will be alright as they hardly touch the ball much less themselves. If it is Rugby, heaven help you! Hee! Hee!
 
Soul of wander I can’t say what will happen to your life now. That is between you and God my brother. I would think that it will get better. Maybe these events are God saying he wants you to do something else with your life. Have you ever considered the priesthood or being a monk?
 
@Petaro thanks bro alot, you’re comment cheer me up a little … no I play European football haha… and when I was a younger I had a “promise” of God for succes ( I don’t want to say it in public couse nobody would belive me ) and then it all shatter and succes feels like impossible even now I got injured again and everything I try to do it ends up being mistake, its like bad luck is my best friend ( I am not emo or something like that ) … don’t know what to do anymore but I hope it will get better somehow :)) thanks broski again

@Loving disciple well I could maybe imagine my self being it but I don’t want it and I want to have kids and wife one day… thanks bro for replay again
 
Sure thing I believe God will take care of you whatever path you choose
 
We all do this from time to time, brother. You are no worse than the rest of us, believe me 👍 I will pray for you!
 
@jritenour Thank you very much for you’re kindness

@Loving disciple I belive as well, thank you alot for all the replyes

Thanks for all the replyes fellas it helped me !
God bless you
 
So you had everything good in life when other have so much less and the when the going gets tough you betray God. You have sinned but you know this. Congratulations you are not he road of recovery. Jesus was beat to death for you. He suffered on the cross and he knew you would betray him. Jesus loves you remember this. He will take away your guilt and sin.** If you are truly sorry go to confession**.Your old life might be gone for good or it might be restored. Ask God and remember Jesus matters more than anything else. I am not judging you and I think more of you because you have confessed your guilt. Christ has not judged you and neither do I
👍
The sacramental graces received in Confession are a big help available to us that were not available to Job.
 
👍
The sacramental graces received in Confession are a big help available to us that were not available to Job.
This, this, and this!

Go to Confession, attend Mass faithfully, and pick yourself back up. And use the tough times, troubles, and failures to learn from them, and help others who may be in a similar situation.
 
Didn’t Job demand some answers from God, all while staying faithful? Wasn’t the whole moral of the story of Job that you should remain faithful, but question? You could ask God for reasons as to why this all occurred.
 
I will tell you which are man’s treasures on earth so that you will appreciate them: hunger, thirst, heat, cold, pain, dishonour, poverty, loneliness, betrayal, slander, prison…
St. Josemaria Escriva, The Way, 194


The meaning of suffering

-Tim-
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top