I feel God is angry with me

  • Thread starter Thread starter lizzy0513
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when exactly will these hardships end?
Some will always be with us and others drop away. It’s different for each person. One person may have to suffer with ill health and another with poverty and another a grave besetting sin, but each one is being molded by God, if he lets God, into the image and likeness of Christ. We are to be like him who suffered for us. Earthly existence isn’t a bed of roses, but there are roses in it, just the same. They are the means God gave us to not only deal with hardships but become masters of ourselves in order to love and serve God and our neighbor as Christ would, for we are little christs, suffering with him and loving with him.
 
I’m sorry for your rough and hard year OP. :’( praying for you.

right now I’m also wondering what did my family do…

my miscarriage… :’(

my great uncle passed away…

my mom’s two cars both blew their engines… and my car is not yet reliable to not always have something wrong with it…

my bunny died.

The happiest days so far this year are definitely our wedding day and the 1st bday of our daughter 🙂 and of course her baptism!

There are always happier days ahead. make room for those memories 🙂
 
That’s just it; we don’t know. It would be nice if we could ask “Hey Lord? Where exactly are you going with this?” and get a straight answer instead of being kept in the dark.
“Do not grieve over the temptations you suffer. When the Lord intends to bestow a particular virtue on us, He often permits us first to be tempted by the opposite vice. Therefore, look upon every temptation as an invitation to grow in a particular virtue and a promise by God that you will be successful, if only you stand fast”
Code:
 When you pray for patience, goes God give us patience, or does He? give us opportunities to be patient?  When we pray for charity, does God give us charity, or does He give us opportunities to be charitable?


 I am reminded of a song by Laura Story, "Blessings."  (I would put it in this post, but my computer is being stubborn - look for it later on during the day when the computer decides to cooperate!)  In the song, she talks about the fact that God wouldn't be a loving Father if He just gave us virtue.  He loves us, and so He wants to see us grow and mature.  I love these lyrics: "All the while, You hear each spoken need, Yet love is way to much to us the lesser things," and "What if the trials in this life are Your mercies in disguise."  

 What is God doing in your life to give you opportunities to grow in virtue?  He is giving us what we need, not necessarily what we want.  Why?  Because He is a loving Dad and just wants to see the best for His kids.  It's like the situation with my little sister.  She wants to stay up later, like the "big" girls, because she is now getting older.  Yet instead of just granting her more privileges because of her age, Mom and Dad allow situations to arise in which they can observe her maturity.  Even if it is just observing her interactions with her siblings day to day, she is proving her maturity (or sometimes lack of) by her actions.

 Usually when something goes wrong in our life, we like to sit down and say: "Why God?  Where are you? And why can't I feel your love right now?"  And this is easy to do, believe me, I know because I do it pretty often.  Yet we have to get into the habit of seeing God work in mysterious ways.  His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts.  He has such a beautiful plan for our life - better than we could ever imagine - and all we have to do is trust Him with our lives.

  Sometimes we sell God short.  We fail to realize that He created our very souls! How could He not have a beautiful plan?  Our plan and our will for us is typically not allowing us to be the best version of ourselves.  When we turn it all back over to God, our lives will blossom.
 Have you seen God's blessing in disguise recently?  Let me know about it in the comments!
God Bless you all,

Chloe M.

(from my blog post on 9/21/12)
 
I’m sorry for all your troubles. I have a long list of misfortunes, as well. I think many of us do. What I’ve learned from them is to not list them nor dwell on them because that changes nothing and does no good. I say this as one who has been there and done that. 🙂

Keeping our eyes on eternity really does lessen the hassles of life. Money has been a huge issue for my dh and I as well. We are perpetually broke and always trying to catch up. We’ve tried budgets and being frugal, but something always comes along that knocks down all our efforts. The last incident caused me to have something I’ve never had before in all my 64 years–an anxiety attack. It wasn’t pretty. Then I simply turned a corner. I’ve prayed and prayed and prayed to just trust God and not worry, but the last incident finally made it real for me, somehow, in God’s own time, I guess. Since then the IRS has told us we owe money from 4 years ago that we know we don’t, we’re behind on the mortgage–again, but I feel like a butterfly on a leaf. I have no worries or fears this time around. I finally internalized the fact that God is in control, not me.

It’s like being the passenger in the front seat of the car. No matter how much you rail at the driver or cringe when you think he’s driving you both over the line/into oncoming traffic,/whatever, you can’t do a thing about it, so you may as well sit back and enjoy the scenery. I still pray for our needs and others and I’m not impervious to hassles, but I’m just not worrying about what God should be doing or over what I’m going to do because what is out of my control and can do nothing about. So, I’ll just trust until they put me in the ground. Life’s easier that way. 😉
I was just listing my misfortunes so the post would know he’s not alone. I’m in debt yes but relatively happy. Maybe some day we’ll all get lucky. Hope things work out for you as well. Prayers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top