I Humbly Ask For Your Forgiveness" - Yet Another Democrat Leader Busted Breaking His Own COVID Rules

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

More leftist quarantining of HEALTHY people for thee . . . But not for me.

“I Humbly Ask For Your Forgiveness” - Yet Another Democrat Leader Busted Breaking His Own COVID Rules​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

by Tyler Durden

Thu, 11/26/2020

Update (1330ET) : In standard Democrat crisis management mode, the mayor drafted a virtue-signaling statement asking for the peasantry of Denver to forgive him: (emphasis ours)
I fully acknowledge that I have urged everyone to stay home and avoid unnecessary travel. I have shared how my family cancelled our plans for our traditional multi-household Thanksgiving celebration.

What I did not share, but should have, is that my wife and my daughter have been in Mississippi, where my daughter recently took a job. As the holiday approached, I decided it would be safer for me to travel to see them than to have two family members travel back to Denver.

I recognize that my decision has disappointed many who believe it would have been better to spend Thanksgiving alone. As a public official, whose conduct is rightly scrutinized for the message it sends to others…

I apologize to the residents of Denver who see my decision as conflicting with the guidance to stay at home for all but essential travel.

I made my decision as a husband and father, and for those who are angry and disappointed, I humbly ask you to forgive decisions that are borne of my heart and not my head.
The damage was done, however…

Bethany Mandel stated . . . .
Every small business in Denver that’s been closed should fully reopen right now and say their decision to was made of their heart, not their head.
Kelly Maher commented on the lame “humble” apology saying . . .
Everyone who has ever been married knows the difference between “I’m sorry.” And “I’m sorry you’re upset.”
Michael David Smith stated . . .
The mayor of Denver is traveling to Mississippi to visit his daughter after urging everyone not to travel for Thanksgiving. This thread boils down to, “I said we all need to sacrifice, but by ‘we’ I meant ‘you’.”
Others chided the mayor for not renting a car and immediately coming home if he is so sorry.

Kyle Clark commented a double entendre regarding the traditional Thanksgiving Turkey saying . . . .
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock gave you the bird for Thanksgiving. If he doesn’t want to lead, then he shouldn’t.
Jackie Kucinich mentioned . . . .
And Newsom, Pelosi, Cuomo … hypocrisy from politicians who claim to trust the science isn’t helping to strengthen dire public health messages /pleas from medical professionals and frontline workers.
Just infuriating.

Yeah Mayor Hancock,another stellar example of what is good for thee is not for me…
Their . . lust for power and control is diabolical. . . .

Last edited:
These are the same type of people that will be telling YOU in a few days, that this year YOU should have a virtual Christmas
(they might even call it a virtual Xmas).

They will likewise be enjoying Christmas with their families while they threaten you with fines and jail time (misusing again the power of the Government and selectively applying their made-up rules and regs outside of real legislation).

They do this because they see power as an end in and of itself.

The COVID loss of life-years in America has been zero (but they don’t like to tell you that). Admittedly small consolation if you are among those who have died and I don’t want to detract from ANY of those people who REALLY died of COVID.

Never the less, it is also honest and appropriate to put the numbers in proper perspective too, so people can make whatever decisions they deem appropriate for themselves.

Just like the Democrats do.

Last edited:
And Newsom, Pelosi, Cuomo … hypocrisy from politicians who claim to trust the science isn’t helping to strengthen dire public health messages /pleas from medical professionals and frontline workers.
Just infuriating.
What would be truly courageous would be for these Democrats to admit that they never truly believed in lockdowns, or that they have changed their minds and support open businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back