R
revialfirefall
Guest
First of all I am a Catholic and my intention is not to start an argument here. Distracted you are my sister in Christ so God Bless You. In response to a few things you have written
God Bless
your brother in christ
Rob
I hope you can understand where I am coming from. I am already evangelized and received the Holy Spirit. I can come to the Catholic Church and get by and live my life for Christ. For someone that is not evangelized and/or is does not have the Holy Spirit dwelling within the catholic church can be difficult. If you had a best friend that was ready to commit suicide and messed up on drugs and need Jesus TODAY, where would you send them on Sunday? Would it be to an hour Mass on Sunday at the RCC or would you send them to a protestant church where they would have the opportunity right there and then to hear the Gospel and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior? Is there a reason why we “catholics” do not get on our hands and knees to praise and worship our most high God? Is there a reason why we cannot raise our hands to him?Adoration is the personal relationship with Christ for Catholics… too bad the Church doesn’t “push” this more…
If Adoration is the personal relationship with Christ what are you doing the other 6 3/4 days of the week to fulfill that relationship. What are we doing to keep our relationship going with Christ. I agree with you this should be pushed more along with alot of other things.
i don’t agree with this. If a preson goes to daily/Sun Mass s/he will hear the entire Bible in 3 yrs. Frankly, i don’t believe God wants us to “Study” the word of God… He wants us to listen to it and DO it… and listen to the priest’s homily about it… (hopefull the priest is orthodox. There is a problem when he is not… yet hearing the Word in the Presence of Christ is more poweerful than studying the Word on our own. I think we should read scripture when not in Church but not necessarily “study” it…
Once again I’m sorry for having to hear this. So if I understand you correctly you think it is good to read 3 passages out of the bible a week, so it will take 3 years. 3 years to get through the whole bible??? Do you think that’s okay with Jesus? While listening to it and doing it, don’t you think we study it? If you’re not studying it you should because the Word is God. Wouldn’t you want to study it and know Christ inside and out? Prior to marrying a man or woman do we all study our spouse? Why not Christ?
I WISH i had that problem… I think a lot of them just ad lib & add their own opinions to the Word … however, i’ve been going to Mass long enough & spent enough time with Jesus… to know when something isn’t “right”… in a homily.
AMEN!!!
baptism is the first time we are “born again”… The Bible confirms this (John 3:3, i think, & elsewhere).
So at baptism, we take a stand for Christ and receive all his great gifts? In my catholic church they teach that baptism is a religious sacrament marked by the symbolic use of water and resulting in admission of the recipient into the community of Christians.
The Bible clearly teaches “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” 1 Corinthians 2:14
We have a stronger personal relationship w/ Christ than Protestnats because of the Real Presence. the Catholic Church is the most Bible-based of all… Scirprture is read, verbatim, in the RCC 26% of the time during Mass… In other chruches, this % is about 2-6.
I’m going to have to disagree with you once again. We may have God closer but this goes back to what I originally wrote. Take a look and read 2 Timothy 3 verse 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them. I agree with you that having Christ there is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE AND WE TOTALLY HAVE THE MOST UPMOST HAND ON ANY RELIGION WHEN IT COMES TO THAT. Scripture is read 26% of the time at Mass? Hmmmmm. I do not agree. One thing I do know is scripture is preached along with the Gospel for 1 1/2 - 2 hours at an Assembly of God. Those people are ON FIRE FOR THE LORD JESUS CHRIST and I praise them and God for that. They truly truly exemplify the life of Christ. Protestants are bringing people to Christ every single day. Everything that is said and done is for Jesus. Praise the Lord and for you to argue that there is something wrong with that is a shame. They worship the same Lord we do. Do they not?
i definitely do NOT agree. Christ instituted the RCC for EVERYONE… Just because everfyone doens’t know or believe that doesn’t change anything.
God Bless
your brother in christ
Rob