I lost my cross I used to carry always :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter matjam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matjam

Guest
I have a benedictine cross which is blessed and I carry it always with me and hold it during mass. Yesterday I lost it and I am trying my best to find it. I am worried because I carried it always with me and it is a blessed item. I am worried if it could have fallen somewhere on the road or worse. 😦 I wish if someone could guide me through this moral dilemma.
 
Pray for the intercession of St Anthony. I understand he is the patron saint of lost items.

If worst comes to worst, and you cannot find it, you can get another one and have it blessed by any priest.

Will keep you in my prayers!
 
There’s nothing that can be done and since it was accidental you are not at fault.
 
My worry is since it is a blessed object. Nothing like this has happened in the past to me.
 
Losing even a blessed object presents no moral dilemma. Accidents happen. God understands that you did not intend to separate yourself from your blessed item.

Keep praying to find your cross and continue making the effort to look for it, but once you’ve exhausted all reasonable possibilities, forgive yourself. The Lord already has.
 
Last edited:
Maybe somebody will find it who needed cheering up and they’ll cherish it.
 
As somebody already said you can pray for the intercession of Saint Anthony. On the other end maybe there is somebody else that may need it now more than you do. If you look in the forum there are stories of people finding a religious item and out of curiosity they started praying a specific saint, feeling inspired by the way the object related to their life circumstances etc.
 
Sorry you lost it. Maybe it will show up.

I know the feeling. But this is not a moral dilemma. It’s possible to have an unhealthy attachment to material objects, despite them having been blessed.

Be at peace that it is just an object. Like someone said, maybe it will be found by someone who will find a special hope by it. Or maybe God wanted you to lose it. It’s ok.
 
Sorry you lost your possession. Nothing happens outside of Gods will, his permissive or direct will, so your best bet is to pray that it is found if it is Gods will and accept the outcome either way. Perhaps ask God that if it is not found by you, to place it in the hands of someone who will value it as you once did. Remember we are stewards of things anyway, all belongs to God. God bless you
 
You can always look on the bright side-maybe someone who needs it more will find it.
 
Last edited:
Christ will always give you a cross to carry.

If you have lost this one, someone else may take it up.
 
It’s ok. I am sure you are making all reasonable efforts to find it. I recently lost the same debit card twice and both times, I missed it in multiple.searches.of my purse, but it had been there the whole time…I asked.my son to look and he found it exactly where I had been looking. Maybe have some else.look where you already looked…a fresh pair.of eyes can help.

Otherwise, it will bless whomever finds it and you may need to get another, which will provide a lovely opportunity to meet with your priest to request a blessing.

I am sorry it is so upsetting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top