I made a fool of myself

  • Thread starter Thread starter GLam8833
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GLam8833

Guest
Hi, dear Forum family,
I have made a fool of myself in Church
at Saturday vigil, I went forward and bowed
down before the altar after the homily.
I came from an evangelical Baptist background
and it is not uncommon to have an “Altar Call”,
please don’t judge me, but pray that I might
NOT offend the priest, nor the congregation.
 
**In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen

Angel of God My guardian dear. To Whom His love. Commits me here. Ever this day. Be at my side. To light and guard. To rule and guide. Amen**

**In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen

Angel of God My guardian dear. To Whom His love. Commits me here. Ever this day. Be at my side. To light and guard. To rule and guide. Amen**
 
I pray you will forgive yourself for this mistake. Through Christ Our Lord, :gopray2:
 
There was no irreverance intended. Praying for you to forgive yourself & for your intentions.
 
Please for give yourself for this mistake. Maybe speaking to your pastor might help you?
 
I think the Lord smiled. Be at peace!

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, Amen!
 
No one was offended. Everyone else has already forgotten about it if they even paid attention to begin with. And by the way I once accidentally chanted the priest’s part at a service and was terribly embarrassed so I know how you feel. 😉

Lord have mercy!
 
†

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

†

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

St. Thérèse of Liseux Prayer From “Story of A Soul”

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received,
and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Amen.

†

Lord, thank you that you are with me right now.
Your love surpasses all fear.
I give you the anxiety I feel.
I surrender all my worries to you.
Clear my mind;
Calm my heart;
Still my Spirit;
Relax my being, that, I may
always glorify you in everything
I write, speak and do.

Amen.

†

Jesus, Help Me

In every need let me come to Thee with humble trust, saying,
Jesus, help me!

In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations,
Jesus, help me!

In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials,
Jesus, help me!

In the failure of my plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles and sorrows,
Jesus, help me!

When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good come from my efforts,
Jesus, help me!

When others fail me, and Thy grace alone can assist me,
Jesus, help me!

When I throw myself on Thy tender love as Father and Savior,
Jesus, help me!

When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me,
Jesus, help me!

When sickness and loneliness overcome me,
Jesus, help me!

Always, in weakness, falls and shortcomings of every kind,
Jesus, help me and never forsake me.

Thank You, dear Lord Jesus.

Amen.

†

Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love.
Sweet Heart of my Jesus, grant that I may always love You more.
Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us, set our hearts on fire with love of You.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make our hearts like Your Heart.

Amen.

†

Prayers said. All will be well. Do not fear, the Lord is protecting you.
Do not be lonely, your guardian angel is beside you.
Be comforted, Mother will watch over you, and the
Holy Spirit will guide you.

Amen.

†

Prayer Against Depression
………….By St Ignatius of Loyola


O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

Amen.

†

Let Nothing Disturb You

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.

Patience,
Obtains all things,
Whoever has God
Lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.

Santa Teresa de Jesús
(Santa Teresa de Ávila)

Amen.

†

**My Jesus,
I believe that You are
present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things, and
I desire to receive You into my soul.
**Since I cannot at this moment receive
You sacramentally, come at least spiritually
into my heart. I embrace You
as if You were already there and
unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated
from You.

Amen.

†
**
Thank You, dear Lord Jesus.

Amen.

† **

:signofcross:

:blessyou:
 
If that is the worst thing you ever do in life you are not to worry over it. I am sure the Lord was pleased with your reverence and the priest may even have been happy that you honored enjoyed his homily Probably one of the best responses he got all week from the people in the pews who were half asleep. If it bothers you, just speak to the priest. Far, far worse things occur in church. When my sister was small she threw her bottle half way across the church and gave everyone milk baptism.🙂 Not to worry. Peace and prayers.
 
Hi, dear Forum family,
I have made a fool of myself in Church
at Saturday vigil, I went forward and bowed
down before the altar after the homily.
I came from an evangelical Baptist background
and it is not uncommon to have an “Altar Call”,
please don’t judge me, but pray that I might
NOT offend the priest, nor the congregation.
Hey, I made a fool of myself too in church, today. I cut through a line to get to the priest’s to recieve a blessing(dang mortal sin), but because I recieve on the tounge he didn’t realize until last second. He said something but I wasn’t sure. Last time I’m going up when in mortal sin… Hope this helps. We all make silly mistakes. It’s what we do after that counts.
 
Hi, dear Forum family,
I have made a fool of myself in Church
at Saturday vigil, I went forward and bowed
down before the altar after the homily.
And what’s the problem? It sounds right in line with this Sunday’s Gospel. Awesome!

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen
 
To me it just shows how much you love the Lord and how His word found a place in your heart.
It must have been a great Homily!

Peace and blessings.
 
Please don’t be hard on yourself…your heart was in the right place and God was surely pleased with your good will.

I came from a Protestant background myself and do that little “Amen” nod during every homily! 😃 And if only I had $100 for every single faux pas I committed at church
in the twenty-odd years I’ve been a Catholic…my landlady *and *my creditors
would be singing my praises! :rolleyes:

God loves you, my friend…go in peace and keep the faith. :signofcross::hug1::blessyou:
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon GLam8833 in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give
  • be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.
Our Lady of Mental Peace,
  • Pray for us!
    Amen.
 
Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
 


Memorare***

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that
anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy
intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins,
my mother; to thee do I come,
before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy
hear and answer me.

Amen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top