I made a fool of myself

  • Thread starter Thread starter GLam8833
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.
 
Hi, dear Forum family,
I have made a fool of myself in Church
at Saturday vigil, I went forward and bowed
down before the altar after the homily.
I came from an evangelical Baptist background
and it is not uncommon to have an “Altar Call”,
please don’t judge me, but pray that I might
NOT offend the priest, nor the congregation.
We all make mistakes and embarrass ourselves. Do not be too hard on yourself. Familiarize yourself with the order of Catholic mass. You will be fine.
 
Update, I talked to the presiding priest, he
indicated that there were probably people
who were greatly touched by what I did!!
And that there was NO HARM done, praise
the Lord!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top