M
mrsfig
Guest
I missed Mass on December 8th-Immaculate Conception. I had every intention of going to the last mass. Then my home-bound grandmother called me and needed groceries and was alone. I consciously chose to keep my grandma company instead of making that last Mass as an act of mercy/love and then did make it to my bible study that night. I am repentant for missing a Holy Day of Obligation and never intended to separate myself from my Lord. I must confess I have a hard time making it to Mass but I push myself and go regularly with my husband and children.
I denied myself communion until Christmas but then really felt God forgave me as I am trying my best to be a good daughter and receiving Him is what I need most. I intend to confess this next time I go to confession. These are my questions:
I denied myself communion until Christmas but then really felt God forgave me as I am trying my best to be a good daughter and receiving Him is what I need most. I intend to confess this next time I go to confession. These are my questions:
- Was it a mortal sin to not go to mass on Dec. 8th or just venial since there was no real intention to separate myself from Him?
- Was it another mortal sin to go to communion without Confession?
- If I am under mortal sin for missing mass should I abstain from Communion until I go to confession?