J
jumpfrog
Guest
Hi all,
I make up the photocopied “missalette” every week for my small parish. I got information from the person who chooses the music that they want a new Sanctus used. When I joined this parish several years ago, they used a different non-traditional sanctus, and I was really shocked by it, but I was too new to the Church to question it. Then it was switched to the traditional one, about 18 months ago. Now, however, they want to use yet another one:
Holy, Holy Lord God
From the Heaven’s above.
Blessed Be the Lord God
Sing His Glory forever…
Holy Holy is the Lord
For He dwells in our Land. 2x
I am pretty sure this is not allowed, but they apparently are in the habit of changing it up every so often. I just want to be sure that this is not a permitted variation (the parishoners are almost all overseas Philipino migrant workers) in other places, before I make an issue of it.
thanks,
jf
I make up the photocopied “missalette” every week for my small parish. I got information from the person who chooses the music that they want a new Sanctus used. When I joined this parish several years ago, they used a different non-traditional sanctus, and I was really shocked by it, but I was too new to the Church to question it. Then it was switched to the traditional one, about 18 months ago. Now, however, they want to use yet another one:
Holy, Holy Lord God
From the Heaven’s above.
Blessed Be the Lord God
Sing His Glory forever…
Holy Holy is the Lord
For He dwells in our Land. 2x
I am pretty sure this is not allowed, but they apparently are in the habit of changing it up every so often. I just want to be sure that this is not a permitted variation (the parishoners are almost all overseas Philipino migrant workers) in other places, before I make an issue of it.
thanks,
jf