I need all of your help right now!

  • Thread starter Thread starter scaredkid
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scaredkid

Guest
Brothers and sisters I am in a very very terrible spiritual state i think.

Long story short, i found the lord little less than 3 years ago, and even after learning the truth and maybe being saved, I left him and returned to my previous life of sin.

Now I realise the world is nothing and the Lord is true happiness and have been praying for forgiveness for the past couple of days/weeks. I have gone through many things on the internet about apostasy and its looking pretty bad for me.

I think I am in a state like Esau or I don’t know!

Please brothers and sisters PRAY FOR ME! PLEASE!!

I already have prayed many times and all I know is i want to be sorry, but don’t know if i am. I feel nothing…Im pretty sure if i mortally sin now I will feel no conviction. One thing I know for sure is i wish i never left the Lord in the first place, but its too late to go back and think of what would have been and so on.

So please brothers and sisters pray for me…I need you all to pray for me.

Thankyou so much in advance.
 
Three words of advice: “Go to confession.”
I have already confessed to the Lord directly,

I am catholic, but still have many protestant views, so i don’t think I will be going to confession and I think confessing directly to the Lord is good enough.

Note - lets please not turn this into a protestant/catholic debate.
 
Three words of advice: “Go to confession.”
Sacramental Confession is the divinely established way to be forgiven of mortal sin. J_Peterson gives good advice. After Confession, go to Mass. Trust in God’s mercy.
 
It’s impossible to -not- turn this into a debate.

I understand you maintaining certain protestant views, but confession CANNOT be one of them. The act of confession goes beyond simply recognizing your faults and apologizing for them. It is, in a deeper sense, an act of humility. You also cannot absolve yourself of your sins, only a priest acting in Persona Chirsti (sp?) can do that. You only get that by engaging in a true, Catholic confession.

Even if you are uncomfortable with the concept, do it once and you will understand what we mean when we say that we feel rejuvenated after confessing. There is no feeling quite like it.
 
Brothers and sisters I am in a very very terrible spiritual state i think.

Long story short, i found the lord little less than 3 years ago, and even after learning the truth and maybe being saved, I left him and returned to my previous life of sin.

Now I realise the world is nothing and the Lord is true happiness and have been praying for forgiveness for the past couple of days/weeks. I have gone through many things on the internet about apostasy and its looking pretty bad for me.

I think I am in a state like Esau or I don’t know!

Please brothers and sisters PRAY FOR ME! PLEASE!!

I already have prayed many times and all I know is i want to be sorry, but don’t know if i am. I feel nothing…Im pretty sure if i mortally sin now I will feel no conviction. One thing I know for sure is i wish i never left the Lord in the first place, but its too late to go back and think of what would have been and so on.

So please brothers and sisters pray for me…I need you all to pray for me.

Thankyou so much in advance.
We will pray that Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament will move you to repentence.
That is all we can do if you won’t help yourself.🤷
 
Be aware that when the priest speaks in Persona Christi and says the words of absolution, it is our Lord speaking directly to you, forgiving you. It is a precious Sacrament.
 
I’m sorry you’re going through this. I have been there myself. I’ll be remembering you in my daily prayers. :signofcross:

I do have to ask: if confessing directly to the Lord is good enough, why do you still feel so bad? Also, how can you confess something if you don’t even know if you’re sorry? :confused:
 
We will pray that Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament will move you to repentence.
That is all we can do if you won’t help yourself.🤷
Exactly this.

Friend, what you need is to confess to the Lord as He commands us to, not on your own terms. The healing and grace that comes from absolution is undeniable, and it is what you are seeking and needing. If you will not embrace that, then I–along with others here on the forum–will continue to pray to an opening of your eyes, and opening of your heart, and a welcoming of Truth. He is waiting to heal you.

May God be with you and bless you in your difficult time.
 
Sacramental Confession is the divinely established way to be forgiven of mortal sin. J_Peterson gives good advice. After Confession, go to Mass. Trust in God’s mercy.
This. Christ Himself gave us the Sacrament of Reconciliation at Pentecost. He Himself assures us of His forgiveness when we (properly) receive the Sacrament, so we need not fear. It’s His power acting in the Sacrament, and His personal guarantee, so what more assurance does one need?

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained. John 20:23
 
Go to confession. I’m almost sure the Priest will forgive you. " It is an insult to God to think that your sins are greater than His mercy" ~~ Mother Angelaca~~ (EWTN) And when you have gone to confession and received absolution and have done pentance, don’t hesitate to forgive yourself. Start anew!!We are all sinners. It is imposible to live in this world and never sin. Just do the very best that you can. Brenda
 
**The confession of sins **

1455 The confession (or disclosure) of sins, even from a simply human point of view, frees us and facilitates our reconciliation with others. Through such an admission man looks squarely at the sins he is guilty of, takes responsibility for them, and thereby opens himself again to God and to the communion of the Church in order to make a new future possible.

**1456 Confession to a priest is an essential part of the sacrament of Penance: “All mortal sins of which penitents after a diligent self-examination are conscious must be recounted by them in confession, even if they are most secret and have been committed against the last two precepts of the Decalogue; for these sins sometimes wound the soul more grievously and are more dangerous than those which are committed openly.” **

When Christ’s faithful strive to confess all the sins that they can remember, they undoubtedly place all of them before the divine mercy for pardon. But those who fail to do so and knowingly withhold some, place nothing before the divine goodness for remission through the mediation of the priest, "for if the sick person is too ashamed to show his wound to the doctor, the medicine cannot heal what it does not know."

1457 According to the Church’s command, “after having attained the age of discretion, each of the faithful is bound by an obligation faithfully to confess serious sins at least once a year.” Anyone who is aware of having committed a mortal sin must not receive Holy Communion, even if he experiences deep contrition, without having first received sacramental absolution, unless he has a grave reason for receiving Communion and there is no possibility of going to confession. Children must go to the sacrament of Penance before receiving Holy Communion for the first time.

You are in my prayers, may God Bless you.
 
I have already confessed to the Lord directly,

I am catholic, but still have many protestant views, so i don’t think I will be going to confession and I think confessing directly to the Lord is good enough.

Note - lets please not turn this into a protestant/catholic debate.
It’s not good enough though. You might want to go to scripturecatholic(dot)com and look up the appropriate areas for your disagreements. Scriptures supports Catholic beliefs and rips protestant beliefs to shreds. Confession is Scriptural. It is a necessary Sacrament and one that brings absolution to countless of sinners. By going to the confessional you ARE confessing directly to God by going through a Priest who is acting In Persona Christi. The Priest is neither hearing your confession nor is he absolving you. Jesus Christ does both. The Priest is just the stand in, or go between. In the confessional it is just you and Jesus Christ. If you can’t confess your sins in a confessional where you aren’t in the safety of your own home, then how can you honestly say you are truly sorry? To be contrite of heart requires humility. Do not flee the Sacraments. I pray you are not receiving the Eucharist without going to confession. I don’t know you personally nor do I know your heart but I can say with 99.9% certainty that you are in a state of mortal sin and your confessions at home are not absolving you. Speak with a Priest. Learn about confession and come to understand the beauty and love of Christ who gives us the Sacrament of Reconciliation. God be with you friend.
 
Even if you are uncomfortable with the concept, do it once and you will understand what we mean when we say that we feel rejuvenated after confessing. There is no feeling quite like it.
I couldn’t agree with this more. When I came back to the church I felt the same way. The first time going to confession was horribly difficult. Each time after became a bit easier but I hope it’s never too easy 😉 Lately I’ve been moving towards frequent confession and I cannot recommend it enough. I’m very thankful that our Lord gave it to us.

There are plenty of things I’m not comfortable with when it comes to church teaching. I’m finding out (slowly) that if you just accept them, you begin to understand them.
 
I have already confessed to the Lord directly,

I am catholic, but still have many protestant views, so i don’t think I will be going to confession and I think confessing directly to the Lord is good enough.

Note - lets please not turn this into a protestant/catholic debate.
You say you have confessed to the Lord directly, and yet you still do not seem to have peace about it. That’s what sacramental Confession is for. Jesus established it to give us grace and the certainty of forgiveness.

As sacramental Confession is what our Catholic Faith obligates us to, I would encourage you to at least consider going without dismissing it out of hand as useless. What have you to lose by going? Nothing. But there is so much to be gained.
 
There is nothing new to add, I just want to say thank you to all of you for your comments and encouragements about going to confession. It is a real affirmation of the sacrament to see these comments.
 
]There is nothing new to add, I just want to say thank you to all of you for your comments and encouragements about going to confession. It is a real affirmation of the sacrament to see these comments.
 
Be aware that when the priest speaks in Persona Christi and says the words of absolution, it is our Lord speaking directly to you, forgiving you. It is a precious Sacrament.
Beautifully said. I start RCIA next month…and I am already looking forward to my first confession!
 
I have already confessed to the Lord directly,

I am catholic, but still have many protestant views, so i don’t think I will be going to confession and I think confessing directly to the Lord is good enough.

Note - lets please not turn this into a protestant/catholic debate.
Confession is a Sacrament, whereas prayer is not. Many graces are received through the sacrament of Confession.

But your original post sounds like you are suffering a temptation of despair. God can forgive any sin, and His greatest attribute is His Mercy. (I recommend reading St. Faustina’s diary about Christ’s Mercy)

We do not need to “feel” forgiven in order to be forgiven. If you have been to Confession and confessed your sins, you ARE forgiven. In fact, it is more offensive and hurtful to God to mistrust His great mercy and forgiveness than the original sin you committed.

If you are feeling guilty for withholding something from Confession, then that is a different matter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top