J
Jan_Bolbot
Guest
My wife had an affair (non-physical I think) with a former boyfriend and despite my pleas for marriage counseling or just to talk has cut off all meaningful communication with me for the past ten months. During this time, she has said many cruel things to me and that while she “cares” about me, she does not love me. (No explanation other than “you’ll never understand”). She is returning on Monday from a month’s stay with her family in Europe along with the younger of our two children. (The affair seems to have ended in the fall though they remain in some email/chat contact.)
I know she does not want to return and does not want to see me again. Well, in truth, I don’t know what she is thinking other than she is pain and won’t speak to me. I have great fear about her return and have tried (inadequately to be sure) to be forgiving and compassionate but I just don’t know what will happen or what she will do. I love her so much.
So, I ask for your prayers. I don’t know any of you and it feels strange but …for my wife, for her healing, for her to re-discover God’s love and His plan for her, for our two children (adopted and still quite vulnerable), and for myself for the indescribable pain I feel and for God’s grace that I can be a good, loving husband to her no matter what she does or says.
Thank you and God bless you for your kindness,
Jan
“…I was a stranger and you welcomed me…”
I know she does not want to return and does not want to see me again. Well, in truth, I don’t know what she is thinking other than she is pain and won’t speak to me. I have great fear about her return and have tried (inadequately to be sure) to be forgiving and compassionate but I just don’t know what will happen or what she will do. I love her so much.
So, I ask for your prayers. I don’t know any of you and it feels strange but …for my wife, for her healing, for her to re-discover God’s love and His plan for her, for our two children (adopted and still quite vulnerable), and for myself for the indescribable pain I feel and for God’s grace that I can be a good, loving husband to her no matter what she does or says.
Thank you and God bless you for your kindness,
Jan
“…I was a stranger and you welcomed me…”

