I need good Movie suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rocks_91
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rocks_91

Guest
'Lo! I’ve been advised to watch classic book adaptations as they tend towards ‘family-friendly’, me being a young man desiring no exposure to indecent content. But there seem to be several to watch, but I’m clueless which ones are good. Like ‘Heidi’ has several movies, which ones are the best? I don’t mind watching old ones, but I’d prefer a ‘colour’ version if possible.

Since I’m a fan of the book, please recommend a movie. Also, a tame ‘Dracula’, ‘Moby Dick’, Jules verne, Charles Dicken’s Great Expectations and Oliver Twist, keeping in mind that the adaptaion should be family-friendly first and foremost, and while minor deviations from the story are acceptable, it should be in the ‘spirit’ of the book.
 
1960 version of The Time Machine (H.G. Wells book)
1953 version of War of the Worlds (H. G. Wells book)
1964 First Men in the Moon (H.G. Wells book)
 
The Tom Courtenay version of One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.

Some might find the movie a tad slow moving but I enjoyed it, perhaps because the book is a personal favorite. The film is relatively faithful to the book.
 
Franco Zeffirelli’s version of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet (1968):
youtube.com/watch?v=MH9ZK7vSBYY

BBC’s version of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice (1995):
youtube.com/watch?v=PG39YnhjNrw

Lord of the Rings trilogy, Chronicles of Narnia films,The Wizard of Oz,

Black and White, but totally worth it:
Robert Mulligan’s version (1962) of To Kill A Mockingbird
British version (1963) of Lord of the Flies
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top