D
dazedandconfuse
Guest
I am a protestant living in northern ireland. I was born a protestant and raised in a very protestant community with those same beliefs and values. So why do I now feel inexplicably drawn towards the Catholic church? I have no reason or explanation for feeling like this. I am married to a protestant and my family would more than likely be disgusted at me for even thinking like this. I therefore have no one to talk this over with or confide in. I have always believed in God and I bring my kids up to believe in God and to have good Christian values but I have absolutely no reason to tie me to the Catholic church. I cannot understand this but the pull is so strong that I feel that I may have to go and speak to a Catholic priest. You all know what Belfast is like for religion. It is uncommon for anyone to convert from protestant to Catholic unless maybe through marriage and even then communities can turn their backs on the convertee.
I need your help and advice.
All comments gratefully received.
I just need to talk to someone about this.
I need your help and advice.
All comments gratefully received.
I just need to talk to someone about this.