I need some answers.

  • Thread starter Thread starter FreakyLocz14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t take my word for it, because I’m not an expert, but I believe that would be venial only, if sinful at all.

Masturbation is the only mortal sin that isn’t always mortal, even if the three elements of mortal sin are all present. The reason for this is because the Bible doesn’t actually say that the act of masturbation itself is what is sinful, it’s underlying thoughts that are measured.
Interesting.
It absolutely isn’t. Protestants don’t believe in the distinction between mortal sin and venial sin, nor do they believe that one rejects God’s grace by persisting in mortal sin. They believe that once someone is saved based on their faith alone, they are always saved.
Although I am aware that sola fide is unbiblical, I don’t understand why one couldn’t just say “okay, Christ, I accept you” and have his will submitted to God’s. I mean, if someone is genuinely faithful, one would want to not be a sinner, but we are forced by our own nature to be.
Yes, but exactly what does that mean? There has been considerable debate amongst Christians of all denominations on exactly what one has to do to be guilty of the unforgivable sin. Most Protestants believe that one blasphemes the Holy Spirit by denying its saving power. I am unaware of the Catholic view.
I can’t conceive of a sin that would be “unforgivable” barring perhaps suicide, since the sinner cannot repent.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top