I need some help. Don't get mad

  • Thread starter Thread starter theyoungtrad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theyoungtrad

Guest
I know this website is bombarded with scrupulous people, But when I drink water I am usually bombarded with impulsive thoughts. I have been recently been thinking of the Crucifixion to get mind off of the impulsive thoughts. I am also scared that they will pop up while drinking water. So I think about the crucifixion even until after I finish. So what happened was I was thinking about the crucifixion and either during drinking water or right after a thought came up in my head. Due to me being so focused on the topic did I cause the thought to come, thus consenting to it? I have been making progress on defeating scruples.
 
So what happened was I was thinking about the crucifixion and either during drinking water or right after a thought came up in my head
You’ve answered you own question. I’ll emphasize the part I mean - “right after a thought came up in my head.” = intrusive thought = unwilled thought = no sin. The thought was not willed by you. As long as you turn your mind away from that and think other thoughts, thereby not consenting to that thought, not wanting to and thus avoiding thinking any further on it or along those lines = no sin. Sin only enters when you consent to/deliberately think that thought .
Due to me being so focused on the topic did I cause the thought to come
Possible.
thus consenting to it?
So once you recognized the thought for what it was, did you immediately turn your mind away from it and try to think of other things, or did you continue to willingly think it? Only you can answer that.
I have been making progress on defeating scruples.
That’s very good, but it sounds like you still have a way to go.

Find yourself a confessor/priest, one to whom he alone you confess to, and take these questions to, seeking his spiritual guidance in all things. Place yourself under his care. And obey his instructions in these matters.

God bless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top