I
irishmac
Guest
Hi everyone,
I received an e-mail from my uncle and was wondering if anyone here could help me refute his claims. It seems that there are some very inherent problems in his e-mail, but I am having some trouble refuting it. I’d like to answer evenything he says, but, I have a tough time debating religion with family. Can anybody help. He lives quite far away, so I only get an occasional opportunity to speak with him. He writes:
Dominus vobsicum
I received an e-mail from my uncle and was wondering if anyone here could help me refute his claims. It seems that there are some very inherent problems in his e-mail, but I am having some trouble refuting it. I’d like to answer evenything he says, but, I have a tough time debating religion with family. Can anybody help. He lives quite far away, so I only get an occasional opportunity to speak with him. He writes:
In the end, all that matters is that we know God….see John 17:3
We do this most thoroughly by intently studying His word on a daily basis, through prayer and church. If you haven’t studied the Bible either through the Catholic church or otherwise you should drop everything and get this done. Study the Books of John, Romans and Matthew. You will see for yourself God’s Truth in new, intimate ways that you will never get elsewhere…in a Catholic study group or not, God’s Truth remains unchanging, everlasting and alive.
You will come to realize God’s judgment will never include or consider your church attendance record or your knowledge of rites, rituals and traditions of any faith, Catholic or otherwise. It is through faith alone that includes a personal relationship with God and His son Jesus Christ that matters. How can any professing Christian argue that they love God yet will reject His word (Bible) and refuse to read it for an entire lifetime? Listening on Sundays for 10-15 minutes is not the same as studying/reading God’s word each day….I can assure you of this because I have done both…trust me on this, teach your children the same.
I understand that my uncle is deeply confused about the Catholic faith. But, here is th real problem. My uncle is a nominal Catholic who serves his parish by teaching Confirmation classes. If he ever actually was strong in his faith, he lost it when he started attending a Non-Denominational Bible study.Come to a deep understanding of what God defines as self righteous and what His righteousness calls for in daily living if you do not know this already….since you have told me that you do not need to read the Bible because you listen to His word on Sunday’s I suspect there is something here for you to ponder.
Dominus vobsicum