I need some male perspective

  • Thread starter Thread starter LookingForFaith
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a woman but I still would like to answer your post. Whether or not you ask him out, is totally your decision. I do however want to caution you about one thing. Women sometimes end up making men feel controlled. Whether the woman is controlling for real or the guy is just over sensitive to a woman’s request is a topic for another post. So, if you do decide to ask him out, I strongly recommend doing it is a casual way so as to not appear controlling. Also, if the date goes well and you ask him out again and the second date goes well again and you keep on asking him out… And on and on, that would be a red flag. Just make sure that eventually there is more of a balance and you are not always the one doing the asking

CM
*I completely agree with this post. Good points to note. *
 
My husband and I have chatted about this before…and he said when he was single, it might have been flattering for a girl to approach him…he said, but now that he has a daughter…he would not want her asking boys out when she gets in high school for example, or asking men out someday, when she is in college. I think the perspective changes a little when a man has a daughter of his own. :o
 
Thank you for all the great advice guys (and girls!) You have all given me a lot to think about. 🙂 (In a good way. Hehe)
 
Thank you for all the great advice guys (and girls!) You have all given me a lot to think about. 🙂 (In a good way. Hehe)
Best of luck! I really hope everything works out for you, and don’t forget if you ever need advice again anyone of us would be happy to help!

God bless you LookingForFaith.
 
So I am going to update on the situation…

HE ASKED ME OUT!! We have a date on Saturday!! Wish me luck!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
 
Don’t worry whether or not he likes coffee. I’ve had girls ask me out for coffee and I have always said yes, if I liked them. I don’t even like coffee but I force it down if I think the girl is nice. 👍
 
So I am going to update on the situation…

HE ASKED ME OUT!! We have a date on Saturday!! Wish me luck!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
This doesn’t mean you’re going to go easy on him in karate class, does it? You can still deck him, just to keep him off balance, so to speak.
 
I think you should try a Mass date. Do something special like receive Holy Communion together and spend an hour before the Blesses Sacrament. That is if you really like him and he really likes you. That’s something I did with my wife, before we got married. She wasn’t Catholic and she loved it. When I proposed I took the ring and placed it on the altar in a chapel and went back to my chair and prayed for about 30 minutes. She loved it. Now whether or not I should have done that is another topic, but at the time I was not as in the know.
 
I think you should try a Mass date. Do something special like receive Holy Communion together and spend an hour before the Blesses Sacrament. That is if you really like him and he really likes you. That’s something I did with my wife, before we got married. She wasn’t Catholic and she loved it. When I proposed I took the ring and placed it on the altar in a chapel and went back to my chair and prayed for about 30 minutes. She loved it. Now whether or not I should have done that is another topic, but at the time I was not as in the know.
That does sound like an amazing date, but we decided on a movie. 🙂
 
This doesn’t mean you’re going to go easy on him in karate class, does it? You can still deck him, just to keep him off balance, so to speak.
Of course…I love taking out the guys!!

I would expect nothing less from him either…(With him being like…nine ranks ahead of me. he’s a 2nd degree black and I’m a blue with a green stripe)
 
So I am going to update on the situation…

HE ASKED ME OUT!! We have a date on Saturday!! Wish me luck!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Oh I’m so happy for you!!! See? He did the asking…he’s a good guy in my eyes, already. Good for you both…have a great time! :)🙂
 
Hah, congrats! I was about to post I agreed with the coffee suggestion and there was the bomb! I’m happy to hear it worked out so well for you. 🙂
 
I am SO nervous guys!!! Lol I have never been this nervous before a date before.
 
Lol I went shoe shopping earlier today. I looked through all my shoes and realized…I didn’t own a single nice pair of shoes that aren’t sandals! So I bought a REALLY cute pair black shoes. 🙂 I have a really nice top and jeans to go with it. I will look cute darn it!!! 🙂 🙂
 
Lol I went shoe shopping earlier today. I looked through all my shoes and realized…I didn’t own a single nice pair of shoes that aren’t sandals! So I bought a REALLY cute pair black shoes. 🙂 I have a really nice top and jeans to go with it. I will look cute darn it!!! 🙂 🙂
That’s awesome! I love shopping, I bought some red high heels today! 😃 I could give you my mom’s advice. Imagine a 17 year old girl getting ready for the prom, and my hyper-critical and conservative mom is playing fashion critic. Then she grabs my chest and says, “show these off!” while in the store. 😊 Ever since then, I hear her voice whenever I’m getting ready for a date. My mom did know what she was talking about, she had admirers even up to the point of her death. And she turned down every one. Go Mom.
 
Thanks for the advice. However, I have the advice of my 102 year old great grandmother to go on…

“Make sure the gentleman you are seeing takes care of his shoes. If he cannot take of his shoes, how can you expect him to take care of you?”

She has been dispensing this little nugget of wisdom to my grandmother, my mom and now me. 🙂
 
Thanks for the advice. However, I have the advice of my 102 year old great grandmother to go on…

“Make sure the gentleman you are seeing takes care of his shoes. If he cannot take of his shoes, how can you expect him to take care of you?”

She has been dispensing this little nugget of wisdom to my grandmother, my mom and now me. 🙂
:rotfl: Is that precious or what?? I love it. 😃 She’s right, I think. :hmmm:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top