I need to kick this sinful habit

  • Thread starter Thread starter GamerForGod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be praying for you…

Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with thee,
Blessed are thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
:crossrc:
 
I pray for you deliverance and peace. I pray that GOD will give you courage, strength and the ability to abstain from this particular temptation. I pray that GOD will bring to mind, the relevant scriptures to fight temptation as Jesus did, with the WORD. And above all, i pray for you, the KNOWLEDGE Of GOD’S ABUNDANT LOVE

AMEN
 
I pray for you deliverance and peace. I pray that GOD will give you courage, strength and the ability to abstain from this particular temptation. I pray that GOD will bring to mind, the relevant scriptures to fight temptation as Jesus did, with the WORD. And above all, i pray for you, the KNOWLEDGE Of GOD’S ABUNDANT LOVE

AMEN
 
Cory,
I know your struggel. When I was in sixth grade my father and I had an abusive relationship. I was looking anywhere I could get acceptance and this group of “friends” at school lead me into pornography and masturbation. I struggeled with it but I didn’t know it was sinful or wrong at the time. I just knew my parents shouldn’t know about it because that’s what they told me. I was first exposed to sexuality and abuses of sexuality in fourth grade, however at school. But as time went on my father passed away from kidney failure and soon after I was invited by my youth minister on a retreat to steubenville Ohio. It was great and there I found out that ponr and masturbation were sinful. I struggeled wit confessing my sins for 1 year out of fear. I would bever have the guts to confess it. But then through God’s grace I did. By maintaining attendance in the confessional at least every two weeks and devotions to the Divine Mercy I was freed from pornography. Everytime I was tempted to look at it online I would say the chaplet of Mercy, and I had a picture of the divine Mercy right next to my monitor too. But I have now been free for four yeyyars from pornography. Temptation comes everyonce and a while, but I pray. Temptation will never cease, it must be conquered.
I do, however, still have a problem with masturbationl. I cannot seem to get rid of that sin. I have been trying for a long time now. But the best thing to do is to keep up confession. We need it. It changed and changes my life. Never believe the lie that you are not strong enough. You can conquer it. It is going to take time and patience. There are periods of time that I am free and I love those periods, but even when I am not God is still here. God never leaves us no matter how hard we may try to get away from Him. Sadly it’s not even really that we are trying to get away from Him. It’s more so like we’re slaves to this sin and we are truly. We have chains but they are broken by Jesus in the Divine Mercy through the Eucharist, Confession, and the rosary and other devotions too! If you are interested, www.caflicboy.webs.com and chastity.com Both great sites to get some great insight here. I’l be prayying not just for you, but with you on the battleground here. We will make it out alive! Hang in brother! It is not easy, but the sweet taste of victory and freedom lies ahead through the power of the Joy of the Cross! JEsus died for us and we need to be very happy and thankful he paid the price and put an end to sin and death. By this grace, we have the power to be free in the palm of our hands! We can do it Bro! Not alone, but with God and help from others! Peace and God Bless!
 
I also struggle with this problem. What I find gives me strength is frequent Mass (I always intend to go every day, but most of the time, because I am a lazy sack, I wake up too late and so therefore only usually go on Sundays and Wednesdays, because my parish has a Mass in the evening and novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help). Adoration is awesome too; hopefully they have is somewhere in a parish near you, frequently.

Also I pray often, whether experiencing temptation or not, to Mary, Joseph, St. Michael, and my guardian angel to surround me on all sides and protect me, and that they help me keep me chaste and that I may become pure of heart. I include Mary not only because I pray to her all the time for everything anyway, but also because of her purity. Joseph because he was a chaste and just man, and a foster father. My foster father too. He can guide me through these temptations especially. And to Michael, because with him and Mary on your side the devil can’t get at you! And to my guardian angel, because he’s my personal angelic rep.

I recommend the St. Michael Archangel prayer, composd by Leo XIII. Or if you don’t know it you can do simple prayers just like “St. Michael (or Mary, or Joseph), protect me!”

This is the St. Michael prayer:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of God cast into Hell satan and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

I’m praying for you too.
 
Praying for you, I too struggle with the same sins

Always remember, keep praying and frequenting the sacraments and never give up.

Your brother in Christ
Zachary
 
August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top