R
Rob_s_Wife
Guest
This has always annoyed the dicken out of me bc I do not care to list my family on anything and I have very little info on most of them…
So dh is unemployeed and is filling out paper work for food stamps.
Needs my and kids birthdates and social security numbers - fine.
then he need my mother’s full maiden name as on my birth certificate.
why? What the heck do they care who my mother was?
**anyhow I give it and also give my father’s info. **
dh says they don’t ever care about father’s info.
ug. not surprised. whatever.
**but what the heck do orphans do? **
this rates right up there with class assignments telling kids to go research their family history and give a report on it - a.k.a tell the entire class about their family - which is none of their business.
I am genuinely curious what people who don’t know this information do? I’d ask my dh’s grandmother, but I don’t think she’d care to share. At nearly 95, she prefers to let bad things be forgotten. She was abandoned by her father after her mother died with her 2 siblings at an orphanage at a young age and never had anything from her parents. Her dad just came home drove them in the buggy to town, dropped them off and rode away. She knew her last name but couldn’t spell it. And she only vaguely remembers her mother but only as “Mother”. They showed up with the clothes on their backs and that’s it.
ARGH!!! I hate gov’t paperwork!!!
On a not so funny humorous side not.
Dh gets a letter saying his 5% additional unemployment “Obama” benefit is blank amount the same day he gets a notice saying that since unemployment benefits are accrued with before tax income, they will now be withholding 10% in taxes form his unemployment debit card deposit. Notice they don’t give Obama credit for that.:ehh:
And yes, I’m glad to have whatever we have, but unemployment still sucks.
Okay pet peeve and rant over.
Thank you. It felt good to get that out.
Oh and my dad nearly died on the table, but is now napping at his home. They weren’t able to replace his valve, but they hope he will recover enough to do it in a few weeks. I’m home. I can feel like poo from 3 states away. I don’t need to speed the fund and stress to let them do it in person. I love them. I’ll continue to do so from a distance.
So dh is unemployeed and is filling out paper work for food stamps.
Needs my and kids birthdates and social security numbers - fine.
then he need my mother’s full maiden name as on my birth certificate.
why? What the heck do they care who my mother was?
**anyhow I give it and also give my father’s info. **
dh says they don’t ever care about father’s info.
ug. not surprised. whatever.
**but what the heck do orphans do? **
this rates right up there with class assignments telling kids to go research their family history and give a report on it - a.k.a tell the entire class about their family - which is none of their business.
I am genuinely curious what people who don’t know this information do? I’d ask my dh’s grandmother, but I don’t think she’d care to share. At nearly 95, she prefers to let bad things be forgotten. She was abandoned by her father after her mother died with her 2 siblings at an orphanage at a young age and never had anything from her parents. Her dad just came home drove them in the buggy to town, dropped them off and rode away. She knew her last name but couldn’t spell it. And she only vaguely remembers her mother but only as “Mother”. They showed up with the clothes on their backs and that’s it.
ARGH!!! I hate gov’t paperwork!!!
On a not so funny humorous side not.
Dh gets a letter saying his 5% additional unemployment “Obama” benefit is blank amount the same day he gets a notice saying that since unemployment benefits are accrued with before tax income, they will now be withholding 10% in taxes form his unemployment debit card deposit. Notice they don’t give Obama credit for that.:ehh:
And yes, I’m glad to have whatever we have, but unemployment still sucks.
Okay pet peeve and rant over.
Thank you. It felt good to get that out.
Oh and my dad nearly died on the table, but is now napping at his home. They weren’t able to replace his valve, but they hope he will recover enough to do it in a few weeks. I’m home. I can feel like poo from 3 states away. I don’t need to speed the fund and stress to let them do it in person. I love them. I’ll continue to do so from a distance.