J
JimR-OCDS
Guest
Sailor Kenshin
“You, must be the change that you want to see in the world.” Gandhi.
Evil will always exist, but do we fight it? Not sure you mean by this, but I think the attitude would be better, don’t be part of it.
St. Teresa of Avila said that when the world is in crises, we must be better Christians.
I think you need to take a step back and ask yourself, what does being a Christian mean to you?
Is it taking a position in life, where you’re on the opposite side of the tracks from what you see as evil ?
Or is it having a relationship with Jesus Christ, which is reflected in how you live?
Mother Teresa didn’t fight evil, but instead, she did good by loving others, as Jesus commanded. Her message was heard much louder than preachers who preach that we must go out and fight against evil.
I could be wrong, but I don’t recall Jesus commanding us to go out and fight evil in the world. Instead he told us to love others and forgive our enemies.
To me, there is nothing else that will work.
Jim
“You, must be the change that you want to see in the world.” Gandhi.
Evil will always exist, but do we fight it? Not sure you mean by this, but I think the attitude would be better, don’t be part of it.
St. Teresa of Avila said that when the world is in crises, we must be better Christians.
I think you need to take a step back and ask yourself, what does being a Christian mean to you?
Is it taking a position in life, where you’re on the opposite side of the tracks from what you see as evil ?
Or is it having a relationship with Jesus Christ, which is reflected in how you live?
Mother Teresa didn’t fight evil, but instead, she did good by loving others, as Jesus commanded. Her message was heard much louder than preachers who preach that we must go out and fight against evil.
I could be wrong, but I don’t recall Jesus commanding us to go out and fight evil in the world. Instead he told us to love others and forgive our enemies.
To me, there is nothing else that will work.
Jim
