I suffer!

• Thread starter Thread starter Paris_Blues
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t until many, many years later, when the anxiety attacks restarted more intensely that I was diagnosised with depression/anxiety/bipolar disorder (I almost killed myself 4 years ago).
Bingo!

Anxiety and depression can be related in the case of Bipolar Disorder, and please, everyone, be aware that if you are Bipolar, drugs like Paxil (especially) will make your anxiety/hypomanias WORSE! In fact, taking Paxil is almost a good way to differentially diagnose Bipolar Illness from other mental health problems. People with any tendency for Bipolar disorder will feel anxious on Paxil.

(I theorize that the reason some people without clinical Bipolar Disorder get anxious on Paxil is because these people have part of the gene for Bipolar Disorder, but are not manifesting the illness because they lack the complete gene).

Trycyclic antidepressants, if memory serves, are also contraindicated in Manic Depressive Illness.

I think Bipolars can take the SSRI’s (Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors) if I’m not mistaken???

Oh, and also, there are TWO types of Bipolar Disorder: Type I and Type II, and the Type II’s are often misdiagnosed. Some symptoms in Bipolar II’s can mimic that of Borderline Personality Disorder and that of Obsessive Compulsive disorder.

Just please, Paris Blues, rule this one out! Type II Bipolar disorder is often misdiagnosed, and in actuality, it is quite easy to treat with a mild dose of Lithium. Also PLEASE READ THE PM I SENT YOU.

OTHERS — PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I’M IN ERROR.

Also, if you are Bipolar, it is NOT your fault! It’s genetic. In fact, people at University of Washington are trying to isolate the gene for it, presently. There IS a gene! When they isolate the gene, they’ll be able to neutralize the protein that is coded off the gene. Someday, this may offer Bipolars a cure, an option to Lithium and Depakote!

Thanks and God bless!

Did I even mention that I was depressed? NO!!

I don’t really suffer from depression.

Geez you guys are making this more complicated that I intended it to be! :rolleyes: I just said I suffer from a little anxiety, didn’t I? I never said, “oh my gosh, I’m suffering from depression and a terrible huge amount of anxiety!!” did I, no.

However, my anxieties have decreased a little, due to the fact that I think I was over worrying about college and what was going to happen.

Not to mention that I have been diagnosed with that pathetic attention deficit disoder and have to take med for that as well, so who the heck knows! Maybe that’s part of the problem?

Since the OP has gathered the information she sought, this thread is now closed. Thanks to all who have participated in the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back