G
guanophore
Guest
Yes and no. Since the CC is the one who declared in inerrant, then it would mean the CC made a mistake.Does that prove Catholicism is false?
When I was evangelical, I was aware that there were many problems with Biblical inerrancy. I believed it, but I read other evangelicals who said that, even if the Bible had errors in it, Christianity could still be true.
However, from what I understand, if the Bible has errors in it, than that proves that the Church is not guided by God, because she said the Bible was without errors in ecumenical councils.
So, my essential question is… If the Bible has ONE error in it, does that prove that Catholicism is false (including the eucharist, the saints, etc.)?
But, since the CC is not based upon the bible, it does not necessarily mean that the CC is not infallible.