If Mary were not Immaculately Conceived

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolduude
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
PJM;6940959:
Matt.5: 48 “You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

I want to say that while I have no doubt that Mary was Immaculately conceived I have always thought this logic was kinda (for lack of a better word) dumb.

Basically this is saying since Jesus is perfect Mary too had to be perfect.

Well that would also mean that Mary’s mother too would have had to have been perfect. IT leads to an infinite regress.
No it doesn’t. Why can’t one person (Mary) be perfect when her mother is not? God can make exceptions. 🤷
 
I heard somewhere that original sin is passed on through the seed of the male, and that since Mary’s Spouse was the Holy Spirit, Jesus was concieved without sin (no human seed to pass on original sin).

I think, however, that this is a Protestant view intended to refute Mary’s immaculate conception. Not sure if or where it is found in Scripture about the male seed.

Anyone else know more about this?
 
I heard somewhere that original sin is passed on through the seed of the male, and that since Mary’s Spouse was the Holy Spirit, Jesus was concieved without sin (no human seed to pass on original sin).

I think, however, that this is a Protestant view intended to refute Mary’s immaculate conception. Not sure if or where it is found in Scripture about the male seed.

Anyone else know more about this?
Never heard of it 🤷
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top