If you won ALOT of money?

• Thread starter Thread starter Teresa9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
DaveBj:
Hmm, from my PoV, this falls into the same level of reality as going back in time to off a teenage Adolph Hitler.

In the immortal words of Quark, “Not in this space-time continuum!” 😛

DaveBj
I see what you are saying Dave, but someone has to win the lottery right 😃 . It’s a bit of fun.

As for Hitler he was a catholic and killed millions of people, something to think on…

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Pay off the mortgage, maybe do a addition
Pay off the car payment
Setup my family with nice gifts
Then I would split it over some charities, our Parish center, pay off my parish’s mortgage, set up a endowment in the local CC school, Sponser some missionarie groups, give some money to our parish’s sister order in costa rica.

Maybe take a nice vaction, and take some time off work to get that BA in theoligy that I want.

Peace 🙂
Jermosh

1. *]Pay all my debts…including my mortgage.
    *]Take a chunk of it and invest it and live off of it.
    *]Quit my job and spend my time working for the church in some capacity
    *]Set up or donate to scholarship funds for Catholic schools and Catholic seminaries.
    *]Go on Catholic Answers Cruises…maybe start a Catholic Cruise Line to compete with Rosie O’Donnel.

One thing I would never do is have my name on some plaque or stained glass window in the church. I would give, but always silently and anonymously. And never with strings attached (e.g. “I’ll donate $50,000 to the crisis pregnancy center, Father, but only if I have veto authority over…”).

I have no real interest in being rich. If I won A LOT OF MONEY, I would:

1.) Pay off my car
2.) Set enough aside in savings accounts, CDs, etc to generate about $100,000 per year in interest (allow for instant retirement and the ability to support a large family :D)
3.) Buy a house large enough for said family.
4.) Donate whatever’s left.

Interesting thread…

I would probably give 40% to my family, including uncles, aunts, etc.

With the remaining 60%

I would put a 25% of the 60% towards:
A nice house, nothing too extreme, but nothing to shabby either. :cool:
Nice furniture to go along with the house.
A nice car

Put 25% of the 60% it in a CD.

Give 50% of the 60% to charity:

60% to my parish
20% My Catholic High School
20% to other worthy causes.

As you can see I would LOVE to win alot of money. But I’m actually very happy not having ALOT of money too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back