Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ)

• Thread starter Thread starter DominicAlvarez
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DominicAlvarez

As I observe, many accusations are being thrown to us by this sect especially in the Philippines. If you see their site, you might be irritated. But my question is, are we supposed to neglect them while a lot of our brothers (even a priest, according to them) who do not know much of our faith are being attracted by them? If there were actions, couldn’t they be more publicized compared to that religion’s 2 broadcast channels, radio station, and newsletters whose main aim is to attack us? I think this is quite alarming, seeing that many of my countrymen are turning to this sect, considering the fact that we are the only Catholic nation( aside from East Timor) in Asia.

As I observe, many accusations are being thrown to us by this sect especially in the Philippines. If you see their site, you might be irritated. But my question is, are we supposed to neglect them while a lot of our brothers (even a priest, according to them) who do not know much of our faith are being attracted by them? If there were actions, couldn’t they be more publicized compared to that religion’s 2 broadcast channels, radio station, and newsletters whose main aim is to attack us? I think this is quite alarming, seeing that many of my countrymen are turning to this sect, considering the fact that we are the only Catholic nation( aside from East Timor) in Asia.
Dominic, you are rightly alarmed. Iglesia ni Cristo has been discussed here before and this thread in particular will be of interest to you as it gives links to apologetic material written in Tagalog:

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=79701&highlight=Iglesia+ni+Cristo

Here are some articles from THIS ROCK that you will appreciate:

catholic.com/thisrock/1990/9002fea1.asp

catholic.com/library/iglesia_ni_cristo.asp

catholic.com/thisrock/1994/9407fea2.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back