Ignatius Catholic Study Bible

  • Thread starter Thread starter regression
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

regression

Guest
I am looking to purchase the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible. I found this on Amazon, which contains all of the New Testament:

amazon.com/Ignatius-Catholic-Study-Bible-Testament/dp/1586172506/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312162652&sr=8-1

I also see books for individual books in the New Testament, like:

amazon.com/gp/product/0898708206/ref=kinw_rke_rti_1

Based on the price, I don’t see why someone would buy a book on just one book of the New Testament, around $10, when they could buy the entire New Testament for around $15.

Is there more detail included in the study bible’s for just one book? Or is the New Testament study bible a collection of all the individual books?
 
I believe it is a collection. I have the entire NT Study Bible and love it. Can’t wait for them to come out with the completed OT.
 
I believe it is a collection. I have the entire NT Study Bible and love it. Can’t wait for them to come out with the completed OT.
Thanks. I will go ahead and pick up the entire NT. I just wasn’t sure why someone would pay for an individual book when the entire NT is only a few dollars more.
 
Thanks. I will go ahead and pick up the entire NT. I just wasn’t sure why someone would pay for an individual book when the entire NT is only a few dollars more.
I think you will be very happy with it.
 
I think you will be very happy with it.
I saw one at Borders today. Since they are going out of business they had it marked down 20%. I might try my luck and see if they go down any more…

Growing up my family and I would go to Gatlinburg every summer. I love the area in east TN.
 
Thanks. I will go ahead and pick up the entire NT. I just wasn’t sure why someone would pay for an individual book when the entire NT is only a few dollars more.
I was one of those that bought the individual books. As they were coming out, the compilation wasn’t complete, so you had no choice. It’s been only the last year that the entire NT was available.

It’s just like the OT version right now. You’ve got Genesis only, right? It will be years before you can purchase the entire OT set in one book. Do you wait or do you buy the individual books right now?
 
I was one of those that bought the individual books. As they were coming out, the compilation wasn’t complete, so you had no choice. It’s been only the last year that the entire NT was available.

It’s just like the OT version right now. You’ve got Genesis only, right? It will be years before you can purchase the entire OT set in one book. Do you wait or do you buy the individual books right now?
Ah, that makes sense. I didn’t realize the timing of when the books came out.
 
The only difference is that the complete New Testament does not contain the study questions that are included in the back of the individual volumes. Fortunately, if you want them, you can download them for free off of the official Ignatius website.
 
I am looking to purchase the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible. I found this on Amazon, which contains all of the New Testament:

amazon.com/Ignatius-Catholic-Study-Bible-Testament/dp/1586172506/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312162652&sr=8-1

I also see books for individual books in the New Testament, like:

amazon.com/gp/product/0898708206/ref=kinw_rke_rti_1

Based on the price, I don’t see why someone would buy a book on just one book of the New Testament, around $10, when they could buy the entire New Testament for around $15.

Is there more detail included in the study bible’s for just one book? Or is the New Testament study bible a collection of all the individual books?
In past years only the individual books of the New Testament were available as they were completed. There was no one Ignatius study book containing all of the New Testament until the recent past.
I bought the Gospels and Acts between 2000 and 2002. I bought them because it gave me something to study rather than wait another decade until everything was available.
 
It will be years before you can purchase the entire OT set in one book. Do you wait or do you buy the individual books right now?
I was quoted 2 years from Ignatius last fall which would mean about 15 months left until the entire OT comes out. I also talked to someone at the St. Paul Center for Biblical Studies where Dr. Hahn and Mr. Mitch work a month or two ago when I had some questions about Bible study, and he told me that the OT would not take nearly as long to come out in a complete volume since much of the layout work and stuff from an editorial standpoint was already figured out for the single volume NT.

Hopefully those two quotes are accurate and it won’t be too much longer until we have the entire thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top