Illegally uploaded films on youtube

  • Thread starter Thread starter michael-kaw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
doubt it. YouTube actively censors illegal content. If it’s on YouTube I don’t think you’re responsible in any way. How are you supposed to know what YouTube has allowed versus content they simply haven’t yet “caught”?
This is my answer as well.
 
Guilty of theft involuntarily…

I’m not sure about that.

Do you have any patristic or magisterial references?
 
Here is a better example, if I am in a hotel room and the couple next to me is having sex and I dont leave the room and go somewhere else but I stay and listen even if I want to just sleep and not technically actually listen in, im guilty of that sin because I allowed myself to stay when I had the option to leave voluntarly, Now if im forced to listen in or partake in it and I dont have the option to leave then im not guilty of the sin. Think about it for a sec, not a literal sec either.
 
You’re wrong.

If you’re in a hotel room and have to listen to people having sex you’re not guilty of any sin unless you become aroused and start fantasizing about it.
 
A couple having loud sex next door is annoying and vexing, not arousing. Yuck.
 
To the OP im off topic sorry.

@twf are you sure, its no different then watching porn or reading about it.
 
It’s different because a) you’re not seeking it out and b) it’s not being recorded for your entertainment. It’s noise pollution. If it arouses you, leave… if it vexes you, leave. I personally would probably just sleep - I’m a heavy sleeper. I can’t recall ever being woken up by “sex sounds” and I stay at hotels at least a week per month on average.
 
I wish there were less threads like these and more “I love Jesus” threads. Why is every thread on here “is this a sin?” or “is this a sin?”

stop

the spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.
Obedience and love are synonyms in the Catholic sense. We obey and follow God’s will because we love Him. We need to know and understand His will so it’s proper to ask. I don’t see any problem with such threads.

As for the main topic, if it’s illegal don’t do it.
 
Last edited:
People forget about fair use under the same copyright act
 
a. you dont have to seek it out for you to be guilty of lust if you leave, your guily by staying and giving it approvel.
b. it is meant as entertainment to arouse you and cause you to go further in that sin.
c. the Lord taught me the hard way about it, I argued with him too, i was guilty because I gave approvel to the evil by not getting away from it when i had a choice to leave but chose to stay.
 
Last edited:
If it causes you to lust, then of course avoid it. But I don’t see how you’re giving approval to anything. That’s an odd choice of wording. Firstly, how does the other couple know whether you are listening on the other side of the wall? Secondly, how do you know that they aren’t married?
It just seems odd. I’ve never before encountered this concept… of it being sinful to stay in your hotel room if you happen to hear someone else doing what sounds like sex. I would find it annoying, as I said earlier, and if it was that loud I would complain… would have to be a pretty cheap hotel I think to be an issue…
 
Possession of stolen property is not the same. It is illegal to possess food or jewelry or property that is stolen.
 
I totally agree. There are very few topics or threads about loving Jesus , planting seeds or helping people in need.
 
I asked you what sin would the viewer be guilty of ?

You did not answer.

You just keep changing the premise by comparing things that are not relevant.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top